Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't find setup wizard for AutoCAD 2011

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
dlowe
1853 Views, 2 Replies

Can't find setup wizard for AutoCAD 2011

I downloaded AutoCAD_2011_EFSB_Win_64bit.exe from my subscription page. I need to create a network deployment, but when I run this file, it displays a simple dialog box that has just an "Install" and "Cancel" buttons -- no setup wizard. If I click Install, it starts installing to my C: drive, along with a list of files whizzing by as they are extracted.

Did I download the wrong file? It was the only AutoCAD file listed for me to download, and the Civil 3D and Raster files I downloaded from the same page run the setup wizard just fine.  Or do I need to do something different to get to the setup wizard?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
hashim.mundol
in reply to: dlowe

I assume you are seeing the file extraction process.

Install files are extracted to C:\Autodesk\Productname, installation setup should start after this extraction process

if it doesn't you can manually start the setup.exe from the above folder.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!
For more tips & tricks: http://upandready.typepad.com

Hashim Mundol
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 3
lozanojordi
in reply to: dlowe

Setup wizard....!!

at 1st place i should say that has been very very hard to me the logging in process. my username was right, also my password

but maybe the fact that im using internet explorer and that i chosed to remain conected, or maybe some other reason, was for me impossible to log in or change the password. i was unable to log in, while the changing password process was all the time telling that the kind of password that i was typing as new was wrong kind, until ive seen that i was logged in yet.. ! crazy.

but doesnt matter. im finally here! but i prefer to not move or i could result as signed out, and i need help. is not the exact them exposed in this post, but is the same kind, as soon as is about the wizard for new drawings, and this discussion gropu is about a setup wizard in autocad 2011.

so thats the question: Where is the setup wizard in Autocad 2011 for new drawings? ive got the spanish version, and is not anywhere! ive checked a book (about autocad 2006), ive checked the web, where it says that in 2010-11 should be there the wizard when you start a new drawing. but is not there!? where it is? i think that ive checked nearly all the program! well, instead all my particular troubles to be here, ive come because i think that is the only place where i can ask about. there are no chats, or mails or other kind of systems to talk to other users or developers. this one is the only one that i know, so im here: where is the startup wizard for new drawings? in spanish would be "asistente para nuevo dibujo" or something like that.

thanks a lot!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report