Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't download any Autodesk product from student community

178 REPLIES 178
SOLVED
Message 1 of 179
WillSeath
8020 Views, 178 Replies

Can't download any Autodesk product from student community

I am a registered Autodesk student community user and have successfully downloaded AutoCAD before (through the old downloading tool).  Now when I try to download through the student community free downloads page, I get a long, thin white bar with a [CLOSE] button and nothing else.  Nothing seems to start automatically downloading either.  What's wrong?

178 REPLIES 178
Message 101 of 179

My pleasure! 

Message 102 of 179
kreber91
in reply to: WillSeath

I've been having trouble trying to install REVIT 2014. I've tried about literally 20 times by now and for some reason the download always freezes on me. I've had the same trouble with a couple other programs but I continued to re-install them until it finally worked, but for some reason REVIT hasn't worked for me. If anyone knows how to fix it please let me know ASAP!

Message 103 of 179
philip.s
in reply to: kreber91

Welcome to the community Kevin!

What delivery method are you using? Install Now, Download Now, or Browser Download? Have you tried one of the alternates?

Message 104 of 179
kreber91
in reply to: philip.s

I've tried all 3 and still end up with the same results. I'm able to get to the installation page fine but after I click install software, the download bar will say it's downloading and I'll wait about 2 hours then find out it hasn't moved or done anything at all

Message 105 of 179
camilo.lemos
in reply to: kreber91

Hi Kevin,

It looks like there may be a firewall or anti-virus program blocking your download. Could you please disable your firewall and anti-virus programs and download the program from Matt, our Virtual Agent?: Click here and select the option Downloading and Installation -> Software Download Links -> I Need to Redownload my Product; then simply choose the program and version that you wish to download.

Best regards,

Camilo Lemos

Message 106 of 179
kreber91
in reply to: camilo.lemos

IT WORKED! FINALLY! THANKS A LOT MAN!
Message 107 of 179
katermcclure

I am having issues downloading Maya. When I go to the student software page and select Maya, the 'download' button comes up. When I click it, I am re-routed to the login page. I cannot seem to get out of this loop, and I am already a week into the class that I need this software for. Very frustrating!

Message 108 of 179

Hello katermcclure and welcome to the community!

You can try to download the Maya software from our Virtual Agent and select the following:

- Downloading and Installation

Software Download Links

- I need to redownload my product

- Maya Products

You can then choose here which version of the Maya you need. Let me know if this helps.

Patricia Cuizon

Message 109 of 179

No good. It sends me right back to the page I started from.

--
Kate R. McCure
Message 110 of 179
amanda.k
in reply to: katermcclure

Hi Kate,

I've included the download links for Maya below. Please try downloading from these, making sure you have selected the appropriate year / version, then activate using your Serial Number and Product Key you received from the Education Community.

Autodesk Maya 2014

Autodesk Maya 2013

Autodesk Maya 2012

Amanda Kinley
Community Program Manager
Message 111 of 179
marko.lucic
in reply to: amanda.k

Hi, 

for some reason I can't choose whuch software to download from Download Center. It only reccomends me to download Green Building Studio, and I can't choose any other product. I am trying to download AutoCAD for Mac. 

Message 112 of 179

Hi Marko and welcome to the community!

Kindly try downloading AutoCAD for Mac from our Virtual Agent and select the following:

- Downloading and Installation

- Software Download Links

- I need to redownload my product

- AutoCAD Products

- AutoCAD

From this page you can choose which version you require. Hope this helps!

Patricia Cuizon

Message 113 of 179
chuantan21

I'm a Malaysian student. I'm facing a problem which is I can't download my Autocad 2014 from the student community. After I click on the 'install now' buttom, it just show up with "

Location Error - Download Request

Download Not Available

This download is not available in some countries. 

I really need the software urgently. Need help, thank you 🙂

Message 114 of 179
neileli
in reply to: chuantan21

Hi I'm from Philippines. I am experiencing the same problem also. Hope we could hear feedback from the expert or Autodesk Representative.
Message 115 of 179
joane.bonghanoy
in reply to: neileli

Hi Neil and Cheng Chuan,

Is this true for just this Product? Have you tried downloading other Products? What browser were you using? Do authorize me to reset the password so I can log in and troubleshoot further if needed. 

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 116 of 179

Hi Joane,

Like Niel I'm also a student here in the Philippines. I was able to download Maya 2011 student version before with no problems. Now that I want to try and learn Autocad it seems that the Philippines isn't one of the countreis authorized to download the software? Would really appreciate help on this since I really need the software. Thank you! 🙂

P.S. Tried downloading the different versions of Autocad but I still get the same results of not being able to download because of my location (Philippines).

Kind regards,

-Inigo

Message 117 of 179

Hi Inigo,

I'm seeing here that for your EDU account the User ID is the same as your email address. I reset your password and sent you the details via email. Do note that using the log in details in my email I was able to dowload AutoCAD 2015 successfully.

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 118 of 179

Hi Joane,

I'm a student from Vietnam. I have the same problem with Inigo when trying to download AutoCAD 2015. I also tried downloading the different versions of Autocad but I still get the same results of not being able to download because of my location. Please let me know if there is any problem with my location.

I look forward to hearing from you soon, thank you.

Best regard,

gautrangTL

Message 119 of 179

Hi Nguyenn,

This is currently being checked on and once there are updates, I will get back to you guys via this thread. 

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 120 of 179
niswan
in reply to: joane.bonghanoy

Hello,

I am from Malaysia and I experienced the same thing.

I cant download the package. It came out as location error.

Can you please help me with this.

I have to use this software for my current semester.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report