Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't download any Autodesk product from student community

178 REPLIES 178
SOLVED
Message 1 of 179
WillSeath
8020 Views, 178 Replies

Can't download any Autodesk product from student community

I am a registered Autodesk student community user and have successfully downloaded AutoCAD before (through the old downloading tool).  Now when I try to download through the student community free downloads page, I get a long, thin white bar with a [CLOSE] button and nothing else.  Nothing seems to start automatically downloading either.  What's wrong?

178 REPLIES 178
Message 81 of 179
usfjerry
in reply to: WillSeath

I was issued a serial number and the "browser download" button appears for me. However, when I click on the button, nothing happens. That is my only option. I was attempting to downlaod 3DS Max 2012.

Message 82 of 179
joane.bonghanoy
in reply to: usfjerry

Hi Gerald,

Install Now option is available if you are downloading 2013 version. I generated AutoCAD 2013 using your profile and all other Download Options/buttons can be seen.

For 2012 download, I suggest you you use other browsers other than the one you are currently using. 

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 83 of 179
coronaboy15

Hi, I was trying to download Windows 32-bit Autodesk 3DS Max by Install Now and Download Now. To put it shortly, they didn't work and now I'm trying Browser Download. From what I see on this forum, this has been a common problem.

Is there anything I'm doing wrong, and what can I do to get it on my computer if Browser Download doesn't work?

Message 84 of 179
arlinpega.bibat
in reply to: usfjerry

Hi usfjerry:

You can download Autodesk 3DS Max 2012 through this link. Please note that the link is valid only for 5 days. If you encounter any activation issue, you can contact our Registration and Activation team directly.

Best Regards,

Arlin Bibat
Message 85 of 179
dukduks
in reply to: arlinpega.bibat

i am having problems trying to download autodesk 3ds max design 2013 from the student community, nothing happens when i click on the either the install now or browser donload prompt, please note that i am running on windows 8. kindly assist.

Message 86 of 179
camilo.lemos
in reply to: dukduks

Hi dukduks,

I've tested both the Install Now and Browser Download methods to download 3ds Max Design 2013 from the Education Community and I was able to get the program without a problem.

Here are two direct download links, valid for 72 hours. I would suggest you check your firewall and anti-virus settings before trying to download and see if they are not blocking content from *.autodesk.com:

3ds Max Design 2013 32-bit

3ds Max Design 2013 64-bit

Let me know if these work for you, please.

Camilo Lemos

Message 87 of 179
dukduks
in reply to: camilo.lemos

thank you ever so much, the direct link worked right away, i am eternally greatfull to you.
Message 88 of 179
dukduks

hello, 

I am having problems licensing the product yet i have a student license, a pop-out window 'autodesk licensing' appears and hangs while trying to run the program, if i cancel it i am told that i am running a trial version and it expires in a month's time. Kindly assist to license the product.

Message 89 of 179
philip.s

Hello Shadrack,

Can you please provide a screen shot of the hanging licensing screen?

Message 90 of 179
dukduks
in reply to: philip.s

the activation page shows a blank with only two radio buttons, please note that i have tried everything on http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=6404339&linkID=9240617 but it doesn't seem to work. i am running on windows 8 that came with a pre-installed  ie10. is there a manual way to activate my product??

Message 91 of 179
camilo.lemos

Hi dukduks, 

Please, send me your serial number and request code via Private Message (click on my camilo.lemos profile name and then on Send This User a Private Message)

Camilo Lemos

Message 92 of 179

Excuse me but ahve been trying to download Autodesk Maya 2013 and well it not working and i tried the download maneger and it says 'aborted Error: 0x2500001)' what does this mean and can you help me? please reply to me at Fernandez.moises14@gmail.com  

Message 93 of 179

Hi fernandez.moises14,

Please, try downloading Maya 2013 from Matt, our Virtual Agent with your firewall and anti-virus programs disabled. Click here and select the option Downloading and Installation -> Software Download Links -> I Need to Redownload my Product; then simply choose the program and version that you wish to download.

Then simply use the serial number and product key that you got from the Education Community to activate the program.

Best regards,

Camilo Lemos

Message 94 of 179

Hi there,

I've been trying to download Revit 2013, but my internet cannot handle the download process.

Is there any possible way to which discs can be sent to my home address instead of having to download it?

Kindest Regards.

Message 95 of 179

Hi kyle.mcdermott, 

I would suggest you contact one of our authorized resellers in your area as they should be able to provide you with a non-commercial copy of the software for this purpose. 

Best regards,

Camilo Lemos

Message 96 of 179
icycleworks2

Hi, I'm trying to download Autodesk 3DS Max 2013 and the download speed counts down like a clock form 30m/bs to 1 b/s and never goes up again.

Edited by
Discussion_Admin

Message 97 of 179
philip.s
in reply to: icycleworks2

Welcome to the community Zach!

What delivery method are you utilizing (Install Now, Download Now, Browser Download)? Can you try using an alternative, specifically Browser Download and let us know if the issue persists?

Message 98 of 179

Hi, I am unable to get any result for any mothod of sownload. When i click "install now", or anything else, so download begins.

http://students.autodesk.com/?nd=download_detail_v3&product_id=12151

Message 99 of 179

Hey Adam, welcome to the community!

Have you tried switching browsers and/or turning off popup blockers yet?

Message 100 of 179

Ah! Thank you. I switched to Firefox, and the download agreement came up. Many thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report