Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't continue autocad 2012 setup!

56 REPLIES 56
Message 1 of 57
ma7am
38892 Views, 56 Replies

Can't continue autocad 2012 setup!

Hello,

I recently downloded AutoCAD 2012 from autodesk site, then I extracted the file, but when I  choose Install and the setup beginning it's install 1st Net framework 4 and after the progress bar comes end the setup restart windows and nothing happening after that, every time I try to install AutoCAD it's do the restarting again after the Net framework step.

I installed Net framework manually from microsoft but the problem is still happening.

Could anyone know how to fix this problem?

56 REPLIES 56
Message 2 of 57
kevin.moore
in reply to: ma7am

Hi,

Here are my tips for installing.   The most important part being, "Clean the Temp folder",  Run "Windows Update", REBOOT!, Don't run other applications, and Install.

Steps: 

1. Empty the Temp folder.

Enter %TEMP% in the Windows Explorer address bar.

Make sure no other programs are running and delete the contents Temp folder.  (Files in the Temp folder will go to the Recycle Bin.)

2. Windows Update

This step is optional, but I have found running Windows Update does cure many install problems.   Always reboot after running Windows Update.

3. Install .Net 4.0.    When warning comes up, there two messages:

One message to start the .Net 4.0 install process.

One message stating you must reboot.   Ignore this message until after .Net 4.0 is installed.

4. Reboot your system, so no folders or files are locked up; nor is “Pending Windows Updates” present.   (I check the Start menu.   If the Shutdown button has red highlighting, you should reboot the system.

5. Do not run other applications.   Do not run older versions of AutoCAD.

6. Install AutoCAD 2012

7. If AutoCAD fails to install, you will need to review these files:  (In your %TEMP% folder)

AutoCAD 2012 Setup.log                       - High level overview of the Install process for all products.

AutoCAD 2012 Install.log                       - Detailed install log for AutoCAD

AutoCAD 2012 Install (en-us).log       – Detailed install log for AutoCAD in a specific language

If you have an error, start with posting “AutoCAD 2012 Setup.log”.   Sometimes it is enough.

If you write a defect to Product Support, include all of the LOG files.

Sincerely,

Kevin Moore

Kevin Moore
Test Development
AutoCAD
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 57
ma7am
in reply to: kevin.moore

Hi,

I deleted all temporary folder contains and installed .Net 4 manually, but the problem didn't fixed.

In the attachments the logs was I found about the AutoCAD setup.

Operating System
    MS Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit SP1
CPU
    Intel Pentium T2390  @ 1.86GHz    50 °C
    Merom 65nm Technology
RAM
    3.0GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 265MHz (4-4-4-12)
Motherboard
    LENOVO IEL10 (U2E1)
Graphics
    Generic PnP Monitor (1280x800@60Hz)
    Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family
    Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family
Hard Drives
    156GB Disk drive (SATA)    37 °C
Optical Drives
    CD-ROM Drive
    HUAWEI Mass Storage USB Device
Audio
    Realtek High Definition Audio

Message 4 of 57
Panivero

Hi

I have the same problem. I don't know if i damage my PC deleting all files in TEMP folder. There are lots of files that seem system files.

Message 5 of 57
kevin.moore

Hi,

I looked at the LOG files you attached.

AutoCAD 2012 Log

Showed the Setup program starting and exiting without installing.

.NET 4.0  Log file

[04/12/11,13:39:17] ***WARNING*** File C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\WPF\WPFFontCache_v0400.exe is not installed on the system
[04/12/11,13:39:40] ****ERROR**** Process 'Netfx40TestApplication.exe' exited with return code -532462766
[04/12/11,13:39:40] ****ERROR**** Verification failed for product .NET Framework 4 Full

I suspect the problem is with .NET 4.0 not being installed properly due to the ERROR entries.

Check Add/Remove Programs

There should be:

Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile

Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Extended

If both are not present, .NET 4.0 is not completely installed.

I suggest uninstalling .NET 4.0 and trying again.

Run Windows Update more than once.  I have had it show "No windows updates" the first times I have tried to check for updates.  There is a .NET 4.0 specific update you want to install.

Reboot the system after running Windows Update.

Install .NET 4.0

Check Add/Remove Programs and view both

Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile

Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Extended

Reboot the system and Install AutoCAD.

Let me know if this fixes the problem.

Kevin

Kevin Moore
Test Development
AutoCAD
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 6 of 57
ma7am

Hi,

thanks for your supporting.

I checked installed programs and found those:

Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile size: 38MB version: 4.0.30319

Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Extended size: 51.9MB version: 4.0.30319

I uninstalled both of them, reboted system and reinstalled .Net from this link 

then opened windows update and found no updates ( I checked 3 times)

after all of that AutoCAD 2012 setup still restarting after the 1st step.

Message 7 of 57
tygran

I agree I'm having the same issue with the same results...Win 7, 32 bit install

Message 8 of 57
rosa_cad

I  uninstall Autocad 2012 Beta.

I have problem install Autocad 2012

Please, I need AcCleanReg2012_x32.

Message 9 of 57
ArchitRaV
in reply to: rosa_cad

Shortly speaking Autodesk messed up new release.

I've got the same problem. I tried everything which is written here and on Autodesk web support site: I even went further. I reinstall whole windows, to be sure that registry is clean.Windows updated, antyvirus turned off, temp folder empty. I tryed .NET Framework from installer and form Microsoft. None effect. Still the same problem installer says:

"Your computer is using an unsupported version of the Microsoft.NET Framework. The product you are installing requires Microsoft>NET Framework 4.0 or later.

Please update .NET Framework 4.0 and restart your computer before installing your Autdesk product."

Autodesk how to solve this problem ??? I can't understand how can you put new realise downloadable if you know that there is a bug ?

Looking forward to hearing about solution or fixed intalation.

PS

With Revit Architecture 2012 there is the same problem.

Ralph Kaminski

Message 10 of 57
kevin.moore
in reply to: rosa_cad

Hi Rosa,

Send me an email and I will send you a script for removing AutoCAD 2012 BETA.

Kevin

Kevin Moore
Test Development
AutoCAD
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 11 of 57
kevin.moore

See if Windows update KB982670 for .Net 4.0 is installed.  

This update is specifically for installing .Net 4.0

Also, Windows update KB2446708 for .Net 4.0.

Both of these windows updates can be installed prior to .Net 4.0 being installed.

The .Net 4.0 installer on the AutoCAD disc includes the language packs.

You can run .NET 4.0 setup directly from here:

CDROM

\3rdParty\NET\4\wcu\dotNetFramework\dotNetFx40_Full_x86_x64.exe

Kevin

Kevin Moore
Test Development
AutoCAD
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 12 of 57
ma7am

unfortunately I reinstalled windows and the AutoCAD installaion succeed,

thanks for your advice.

Message 13 of 57
lasti556

I tried Kevin Moore's step-by-step and I am stilling recieving a fatal error:

Extracting x64\en-US\Tools\CADManager\Program Files\Autodesk\CAD Manager Tools\CMControl.exeExtracting x86\en-US\Components\adr2012\program files\Autodesk\Autodesk Design Review 2012\DesignReview.exeExtracting 3rdParty\NET\4\wcu\dotNetFramework\dotNetFx40_Full_x86_x64.exe

CRC failed in 3rdParty\NET\4\wcu\dotNetFramework\dotNetFx40_Full_x86_x64.exeUnexpected end of archive

I cannot find anything in my temp folder that resempbles an error log. I am running Win7 home premium.

I see that my proplem is within the .net frameowrk. 

Thanks in advance, -Izak

Message 14 of 57
TheRham

I've been using Autodesk products for 15 years, and this is already the worst startup I've had to deal with.  For starters, and this has long been a gripe of mine... every time a new version comes out, I have to search for the location of the serial number... "Oh right, "Coverage Report""... because THAT is intuitively obvious. /rolleyes.  Then I have to FIND the "Coverage Report" area... also, not intuitively obvious.  One of my coworkers managed to download the 64-bit version... that's not working (seems to think he's on a 32-bit system, which I can promise you he's not).  My download crapped out half way through, and I lost all progress.  At one point, I enter my login info, and I'm taken to a page saying "Page not found", with no links to other areas.  I'm not filled with confidence, here.

Message 15 of 57
TheRham
in reply to: TheRham

More problems... I tried changing the default distribution option (to automatically have disks sent)... clicking that, while signed in on the subscribed account, claimed to not have a subscription.  I did manage some progress having disks sent (gave up changing the default distribution), but when confirming my address, it asked to use a recommended address (basically just adding "US" to the addy), so I click OK... error, cannot proceed.  So I back up, and continue w/ the address as-is.  I get all the way to the end, the address line had reverted to an earlier form.  I've been up and down Autodesk's website today, and it has been a total trainwreck.  I'd love to give you the run down so you can fix it, but frankly, I don't have that kind of time.

Guess I'll have to wait for the three weeks delivery time..... awesome.

Message 16 of 57
emi_100
in reply to: TheRham

I think all problems are becouse of a deficient framework 4.

When i install it, all problems appeared. (i have to use a framework cleanup tool to delete it)

I donwload the full installer from the Microsoft site, but it's the same.

Framework 4 is the problem.

Message 17 of 57
kevin.moore
in reply to: lasti556

Hi,

Partial installations of .Net 4.0 will cause problems.

Make sure both parts of .Net 4.0 are installed  (see below)

Uninstall or change a program (Windows)

o Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile

o Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Extended

If only one is installed, remove it and re-install from the AutoCAD 2012 CD or install folder (see post at the top of the page.)

I strongly recommend installing the most recent Windows Updates and rebooting before attempting to install .Net 4.0.

Then make sure the system has been rebooted again (post .NET 4.0 install) before attempting to install AutoCAD 2012.

- Kevin

Kevin Moore
Test Development
AutoCAD
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 18 of 57
teonet1

@kevin.moore wrote:

Hi,

Here are my tips for installing.   The most important part being, "Clean the Temp folder",  Run "Windows Update", REBOOT!, Don't run other applications, and Install.

Steps: 

1. Empty the Temp folder.

Enter %TEMP% in the Windows Explorer address bar.

Make sure no other programs are running and delete the contents Temp folder.  (Files in the Temp folder will go to the Recycle Bin.)

2. Windows Update

This step is optional, but I have found running Windows Update does cure many install problems.   Always reboot after running Windows Update.

3. Install .Net 4.0.    When warning comes up, there two messages:

One message to start the .Net 4.0 install process.

One message stating you must reboot.   Ignore this message until after .Net 4.0 is installed.

4. Reboot your system, so no folders or files are locked up; nor is “Pending Windows Updates” present.   (I check the Start menu.   If the Shutdown button has red highlighting, you should reboot the system.

5. Do not run other applications.   Do not run older versions of AutoCAD.

6. Install AutoCAD 2012

7. If AutoCAD fails to install, you will need to review these files:  (In your %TEMP% folder)

AutoCAD 2012 Setup.log                       - High level overview of the Install process for all products.

AutoCAD 2012 Install.log                       - Detailed install log for AutoCAD

AutoCAD 2012 Install (en-us).log       – Detailed install log for AutoCAD in a specific language

If you have an error, start with posting “AutoCAD 2012 Setup.log”.   Sometimes it is enough.

If you write a defect to Product Support, include all of the LOG files.

Sincerely,

Kevin Moore

I had
trouble installing autocad 2012, I followed the steps, but keeps coming I should install the framework 4 or above, uninstall and reinstalled and still the same, delete the temp folder and nothing.
what else can you do to install windows 7 if this date.
personally this version is very complicated to install .... I can do?

Message 19 of 57
kevin.moore
in reply to: teonet1

Hi,

Install .NET 4.0 before installing AutoCAD.

1.  Reboot your system.

2. Install .NET 4.0 from the AutoCAD install disc or DVD.

Assuming your DVD is 😧

Run

D:\3rdParty\NET\4\wcu\dotNetFramework\dotNetFx40_Full_x86_x64.exe

This will install .NET 4.0

Assuming you have downloaded AutoCAD

Run

C:\Autodesk\AutoCAD_2012_English_Win_32bit\3rdParty\NET\4\wcu\dotNetFramework\dotNetFx40_Full_x86_x64.exe

This will install .NET 4.0

3. Reboot your system.  (Must be done after installing .NET 4.0)

Now, the AutoCAD Setup.exe installer should install AutoCAD without asking for .NET 4.0 to be installed.

Thank you,

Kevin

Kevin Moore
Test Development
AutoCAD
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 20 of 57
lasti556

I just wanted to add something from my own experiance. 

I was downloading the installer for AutoCAD 2012 and was using a wireless connection that periodically times out. several times when this happened, I would not notice the connection had stopped. I checked the download bar and the installed looked to be finished. I would get 2/3rds of the way through the process and it would say "end of archive". It took me 3 attempts before I realized I needed a wired connection. This was after updateing the .net 4 framework and working with all the tips (including the registry edit) I had found in this thread. 

After the installation package had a fair chance to fully download, it installed on the first try. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report