Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't continue autocad 2012 setup!

56 REPLIES 56
Message 1 of 57
ma7am
38898 Views, 56 Replies

Can't continue autocad 2012 setup!

Hello,

I recently downloded AutoCAD 2012 from autodesk site, then I extracted the file, but when I  choose Install and the setup beginning it's install 1st Net framework 4 and after the progress bar comes end the setup restart windows and nothing happening after that, every time I try to install AutoCAD it's do the restarting again after the Net framework step.

I installed Net framework manually from microsoft but the problem is still happening.

Could anyone know how to fix this problem?

56 REPLIES 56
Message 41 of 57
kevin.moore
in reply to: bobby

Hi Bobby,

1. Run Windows Update and reboot.

2. Try installing .NET 4.0 alone.

You can run .NET installer directly from this folder.

D:\3rdParty\NET\4\wcu\dotNetFramework\dotNetFx40_Full_x86_x64.exe

Tell me if this completes or gives an error.

3. Are you trying to install Autodesk Design Review with AutoCAD 2012?

I would try installing AutoCAD without ADR and see if the results are any different.

Kevin

Kevin Moore
Test Development
AutoCAD
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 42 of 57
bobby
in reply to: kevin.moore

I ran Windows Update early this morning with everything complete.

Ran disk cleanup

Ran Defrag

ran spyware scans

I have run .N4 alone, and that completes

Then I run the setup.exe and it STILL wants to install.

Then already having .N4 on the system, I uninstalled, let AutoCAD install .N4 itself. STILL fails.

Installing without Design Review provides no relief....

.Net4 is the first thing it wants to install.

SO I tried another procedure, disabled the .N4 services, installed the 4.5 beta, then uninstalled it, having no .N4 on this computer whatsoever, did NOT install Design Review, still fails. After I hit the install button it'll fail around 2 minutes into the install, or a minute after .Net4's progress bar has completed.

Message 43 of 57
bobby
in reply to: bobby

BTW, can you e-mail me, so then we can resolve this without the entire Western World knowing and seeing all of our communications. 

Message 44 of 57
bobby

I've heard nothing in 5 days.  Please respond.

Message 45 of 57
dad353
in reply to: ma7am

I have scoured the internet and have tried every fix posted with no success when it comes to getting the .net verified.  Without the verified status most instatllation of programs relying on this will fail.

I have found a fix that does lead to full .net verification and subsequent successful installation of all programs that require this.  AutoCad 2012 and Autodesk Building Design Suite Ultimate 2012.

The fix came in the form of a program from TurboTax.  This program called "TurboTaxUtility.exe".

Capture.JPG

http://turbotax.intuit.com/support/iq/TurboTax-Topics/TurboTax--NET-Utility-Tool/SLN12472.html

My first attempt using this program I used the advanced mode.  I do not know if using the quick mode will give the same result.

I did have the TurboTax program installed on my HD earlier this year successfully and had no problems with the program.  I do not know if this fix will work if you do not have TurboTax installed or attempted to install the program but it would not hurt to try if the .net verification would result.

Message 46 of 57
dad353

I forgot to say that I had problems with verification of .net 2.0, 3.0, and 4.0 when I tried the TurboTax fix.  After the fix all the .net versions were verified.

Message 47 of 57
bobby

That didn't work because we do not use TurboTax...and it errors out saying that no installation of TT can be found.  I haven't heard ANYTHING from AutoDesk in over a week...and I'm starting to lose faith in this product.

Message 48 of 57
gavin.bendtsen

I'm trying to install AutoCad Student edition using the 10 MB exe (AutoCAD_2012_English_Win_32bit.exe), but the installation fails with this message.

Extracting 3rdParty\NET\4\wcu\dotNetFramework\dotNetFx40_Full_x86_x64.exe
CRC failed in 3rdParty\NET\4\wcu\dotNetFramework\dotNetFx40_Full_x86_x64.exe
Unexpected end of archive

One thing to notice is that I am running 32-bit Win XP, but the error states there is a problem with a 64 bit file. I don't understand why it is trying to use something for a 64-bit OS.

I have looked at a lot of posts on this site and tried to follow the instructions. All attempts to fix this result in the same error on subsequent install. These are things I have done.

• Cleared everything out of %temp% that I could delete.
  • In Add/Remove Programs, Repaired Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile and .NET Framework 4 Extended.
  • Went to Windows Update, ran all high priority updates. Rebooted.
  • Went to Windows Update, looked at Custom updates, chose a .NET-related update. Rebooted.
  • Went to Windows Update, looked at Custom updates, chose a another .NET-related update. Rebooted.
  • Repeated this with other likely updates in the Custom area. Rebooted.
  • Repeated this for Express updates. After running all those other ones, now had 6 more high priority Windows updates. Ran those and rebooted.
  • Ran the AutoCAD_2012_English_Win_32bit.exe instal, receiving the same error.
  • Found a .NET verifier on an MSDN blog site. Ran that and confirmed the v4 Full and Client installations.

I am stuck. Please advise.

Tags (1)
Message 49 of 57
neqi

I've got the same problem. Setup failed in Windows 7 32bit

Message 50 of 57
waldroae
in reply to: neqi

I am having this problem as well, can someone please give an answer on how to fix this?

We have had enough of giving log files, we all have the same issue, I am only concerned with the ANSWER. Something is wrong with the program's way of recognizing which .NET framework you have, even when you have the right one

Message 51 of 57
j5v55
in reply to: waldroae

Re: Can't continue autocad 2012 setup!

I have the same issue here with Net Framework 4.0

I tried all methods listed above from kevin, Autodesk.

I uninstalled, tried %temp% clean up, also I tried MS cleanup_tool.exe.

Reinstalling doesn't do any help for autoCAD installation....

It is not working.  Again, it is NOT working.

Capture.JPG

Can autoDesk be more responsive?

Message 52 of 57
benp87

Not working on my computer also, I have Windows 7 64bit

Message 53 of 57
vinshas1
in reply to: cannabis68

This is because .Net framework is trying to download some microsoft patches and will continue the installtion. If the windows update service is not started then the installation will fail to install. Hence enable the Windows Update service and start it.

This will solve the issue what you are facing..

Message 54 of 57

.Net framework installation is failing to install as it is unable to contact the microsoft update server to fetch the microsoft downloads during the installation.

Solution: Enable the Windows Update service and start it manually. If the service struck during the start then reboot the machine and try to start the windows update.

Now install the Autodesk application, it will not throw any error or fails the installation.

Message 55 of 57
Captainzen

SOLVED

I had the same problem. The installation would start and after a few seconds would stop and say the installation was not successful. After many hours of trying to figure it out, it just struck me in the face. In the installation log file, the last thing it tried to install before fail, was the .NET Framework 4.0

My Vista already had .NET Framework 4.5.1 which is  more reacent, so Windows woulkd not allow an older version to install. Autocad depends on the installation of all it's files, so when one was not allowed to install, it just shut down.

Sollution : So for the installation to proceed I had to remove  my .NET Framework 4.5.1 first. And the Autocad (Mechanical) installed completely. After the installation, my Automatic Updates noticed that the Framework 4.5.1 was missing, and downloaded it for installation. I let it. Everything is cochure and Autocad works perfectly.

Message 56 of 57
Automax1975

In the briefcase decompressed that you find in C:
Autodesk
AutoCAD_2012_Italian_Win_32bit
NETVerifier

you replace "setupverifier.exe" (it doesn't verify newer versions of NET Framework 4.0) with the most recent version that you find here:
https://onedrive.live.com /? cid=27e6a35d1a492af7&id=27E6A35D1A492AF7%21397
(attention, name it with the same name of the old file)

You launch again setup of Autocad.

Italian:

Nella cartella decompressa che trovate in C:
Autodesk
AutoCAD_2012_Italian_Win_32bit
NETVerifier

sostituite "setupverifier.exe" (non verifica versioni più nuove di NET Framework 4.0) con la versione più recente che trovate qui:
https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=27e6a35d1a492af7&id=27E6A35D1A492AF7%21397
(attenzione, nominatelo con lo stesso nome del vecchio file)

Lanciate di nuovo l'istallazione di Autocad.

Message 57 of 57
rishabh6

Hello, i am installing autocad 2012, but when installing .NET FRAMEWORK the system restart automaticly and show nothing after restart. How can i fix it

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report