Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't activate network maya 2011 licence - Windows 7

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
rupertroderick
754 Views, 1 Reply

Can't activate network maya 2011 licence - Windows 7

Hi,

I downloaded a 'previous version' of maya 2011 (i have bought 2013)

Autodesk sent me a license file on our request, unfortunately its still not working. 

I saved the license file in C:\Program Files\Autodesk Network License Manager\Licenses
 When I run Maya 2011 I see the FLEXnet licence finder window (attached).

I click next and browse to the license file that was sent but when I go forward I get these errors (attached):

I followed the steps in How to Configure your Network License Server but it doesn't make any difference. 
If I choose to specify the license server system and then enter the hostname of the machine, I get the 'Networking error' dialog box (attached).

Autodesk is answering emails at the speed of 1 a day. I really need 2011 running before tomorrow. it's been 3 days now. I can't believe that the seemingly most viable option is to download a hack of 2011 when i have paid for this!

help apperciated. so urgent

Thanks
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
TravisNave
in reply to: rupertroderick

-15 either means that your License Manager (NLM) isn't running or a firewall is blocking it (or the dreaded IPv6 incompatibility issue.)

I have many fixes listed for this in my signature line.

For a Quick-Start Guide on configuring the Autodesk License Manager, please see my post for further information:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Quick-Start-Guide-for-Configuring-LMTOOLS/m-p/3...

For more information about Network License Manager connectivity issues and IPv6, please see my discussion post here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Network-License-Error-1-5-15-and-IPv6/td-p/2982...

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report