Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't activate my student account.

198 REPLIES 198
SOLVED
Message 1 of 199
p12rest
4600 Views, 198 Replies

Can't activate my student account.

The e-mail is sent but the link provided is broken. I have the Registration Code and ID though.

198 REPLIES 198
Message 121 of 199
holmanbp
in reply to: holmanbp

Or anybody from AutoDesk besides Philip? Thanks!
Message 122 of 199
philip.s

You should be good to go now Brett!

For anyone else that might have a similar issue, I would suggest submitting an activation request to our Education Support Team, and downloading the software as a trial until your account is activated and a serial number can be obtained.

Message 123 of 199
holmanbp
in reply to: philip.s

Thank so much!!   I am very impressed with the fast service AutoDesk gives to it's student accounts.

Message 124 of 199
philip.s

You're most very welcome, and we'll be here if anything else comes up!

Message 125 of 199
songwei.teo
in reply to: p12rest

Hello

I tried installing Alias Automotive 2014 a couple of times but I get error 110 everytime I try activating it. Am I missing any steps? I'm using OSX Mavericks 10.9.1 

Message 126 of 199
jessica.t
in reply to: songwei.teo

Hi Song and welcome to the Autodesk Community!

Are you all up to date with your service packs and updates?

Try this solution and see it works for you, be sure to let us know how it goes! This one may also be helpful.

If the problem persists please respond to this post with further details.

Thank you!!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 127 of 199
songwei.teo

Hello. I am using the student version for Alias 2014 on Mac. I tried installing sp1 for Mac before, and also tried reintalling a couple of times and its always the same problem. The trial works for me, so Im guessing its got to do with the licensing. 

Message 128 of 199
philip.s

Thanks for the confirmation Song and unfortunately at this time Alias Automotive 2014 is not supported to run on OSX 10.9 Mavericks. One suggestion would be to revert back to an earlier OS version that is supported (see system requirements) or try the following potential error 110 workaround.

Message 129 of 199
songwei.teo

But the program works on trial mode. When would it be ready for OSX
Mavericks then?
Message 130 of 199
philip.s

Understood and in this case compatibility is bound not soo much by the product features but the ability to license the software. I'm not 100% sure as to when this will be resolved, but some products like Maya have already released additional Service Packs that deal with the issue.

Message 131 of 199
mistryk5

im in the the same boat. does the work around work on mavericks ? has anyone tried this ?

ive been waiting for a new service pack but nothing, im becoming DESPERATE ! i had thought a company as autdesk would have resolved this isssue before it ever surfaced.

the lack of a solution is now having a impact on my degree. i cant get vital work done 

PLEASE HELP !!

Message 132 of 199
jessica.t
in reply to: mistryk5

Hello Kiran,

I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you. When the update becomes available we will be sure to make an announcement. Is there anyway you can downgrade your operating system for the mean time or use another computer?

I realize these ideas are not ideal, but we do want to help in anyway we can.

We appreciate your patience.

Jessica Thrasher
Message 133 of 199
mistryk5
in reply to: jessica.t

down grading is not an option, hower apple support did sugest using parrelas desktop for the time being. do you know if this will work ?

Message 134 of 199
jcombs1

Having trouble with account activation like most other people. I get the email but the link redirects me to a page not found. NEED HELP!

Message 135 of 199
jessica.t

Welcome to the Autodesk Community, Jeremy!

I have manually activated your account to the Education Community. You should be receiving your confirmation email shortly.

I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and if you have any other questions or you do not receive the email please respond to this post.

Thank you!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 136 of 199
jessica.t

Hi Kiran,

Yes, using a Parallels Desktop is a great option for you. Just be sure to get Windows 7 or 8 and not Windows 8.1 as we're still working on some compatibility issues with that.

Glad you were able to find a viable workaround!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 137 of 199
adamlycke

HI when i open my Alias automotive student version, it says that the license expired.

and i know that i haven´t activate the program because i haven´t got any activation mail.

and now I have no options to solve or help to fix it in the dialog window.

is there any solution?

Message 138 of 199
philip.s
in reply to: adamlycke

Hello @adamlycke!

Are you running any other Autodesk programs by chance? One option would be to delete the flexnet license info from your system which would in turn prompt for reactivation when you start the program. Specifically by removing the following: 

Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8:
C:\ProgramData\FLEXnet\adskflex_*.data
C:\ProgramData\FLEXnet\adskflex_*.data.backup

Windows XP:
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\FLEXnet\adskflex_*.data
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\FLEXnet\adskflex_*.data.backup

Mac:

/Library/Preferences/FLEXnet Publisher/FLEXnet/adskflex_*.data
/Library/Preferences/FLEXnet Publisher/FLEXnet/adskflex_*.data_backup

In the event a reactivation limit error message occurs when activating the software, please contact our License Assistance Team for direct support.

Please let us know if that works!

Message 139 of 199
kasperja

it works, thanks
Message 140 of 199
philip.s
in reply to: kasperja

You're welcome!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report