Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't activate Maya 2012

19 REPLIES 19
SOLVED
Message 1 of 20
fenghou1st
2964 Views, 19 Replies

Can't activate Maya 2012

I tried several times to activate my Maya 2012 student version (Help -> About Maya -> Product License Information -> Activate -> Activate -> Connect now and activate!), it says I activated successfully everytime, but in "My software"(http://students.autodesk.com/?nd=my_software), It always shows "Activated:Not yet activated - How To Activate Software".
Then the last time I tried to
activate the software, it said "Reactivation Limit Reached".

What can I do now?

Tags (2)
19 REPLIES 19
Message 2 of 20

Hi fenghou1st,

There is a lag time between Product Activation and the actual display of “successfully activated” on the Education Site. We always recommend that students check their license expiration date within the Product to confirm that Activation was successful.

Just so I can double check on the status of your Serial Number, do Private Message it to me.

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 3 of 20

Sent.

Thank you.

Message 4 of 20

Hi fenghou1st,

Indeed your Serial Number was activated March 24, 2012. There's no need for you to reactivate the Student License. As mentioned previously there is a lag on the Product Activation and the display of successfully activated in the EDU Site.

This issue was already forwarded to the appropriate department so they can look into it.  

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 5 of 20

Thank you very much for your efforts!

Message 6 of 20
robbinsmoth
in reply to: fenghou1st

Hi

I am also experiencing said activation problems. However i successfully downloaded mine and installed it without a problem, and i have been using it since 2012-03-22. Which is thirty days.

Now whenever i open it and hit connect now and activate it comes up with this error: 

Reactivation Limit Reached
You have exceeded the number of times you can receive an activation code to reactivate your product on this computer. 

If you are experiencing a technical problem that requires you to reactivate your product, please contact your support provider.

(Error: 11)

I have no idea why this is happening. I have never been prompted about it being usable for only thirty days, and every time it has verified the license it has worked. I appreciate any answers you have to this problem.

Cheers 

Reuben

Message 7 of 20

Hi robbinsmoth,

We would greatly appreciate it if you can Private Message me your Serial Number and a screenshot of the error so we can look into it further.

Upon reply please include your Education Site User ID and Email Address.

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 8 of 20

Hi My serial number for maya is: xxx-xxxxxxxx and my user ID is xxxxxx and my email is xxxxx.com. It might be also worth mentioning that Mudbox cannot be opened now too. The mudbox serial is :xxx-xxxxxxxx. I downloaded this at a 15/04/2012 so its a good twenty or so days later than maya. I get the same activation license error for both and a error message at the end after exiting. I appreciate the quick reply, and would love to hear back from you soon as possible. I need to use both the programs for my uni project. Thanks very much Reuben

Message 9 of 20

Hi robbinsmoth,

I edited your reply to this post and removed your personal information and License information for security purposes. Moving forward please do not post the information I replaced with xxx in public, you can Private Message me instead.

From what I understand of your reply, everytime you close the software/application and then opens it again, it is asking you to activate the License. Is that correct?

Do reply back if I seem to have misunderstood the issue.

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 10 of 20
djg_2012

I can't activate my student copy of maya. It keeps telling me I have reached my limit to how many times I can request the activation or something. How can I fix this? I have tried to do it online, through maya itself etc and still nothing, it keeps saying the same thing. I've attached a screen shot of the error message

Message 11 of 20
joane.bonghanoy
in reply to: djg_2012

Hi djg_2012,

I removed the attachment as it contains your Serial Number.

We are seeing here that your Serial Number was successfully activated 5/7/2012. May we ask why there's a need to re-activate the License?

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 12 of 20
djg_2012
in reply to: joane.bonghanoy

Hi, well for some reason I have noticed that some features are now not available since I had to re-download maya recently and I do remember accidentally closing the activation screen after installation. Even in the information area it says my standard license is locked?

The main feature that seems to be unavailable (which I thought was due to an inactive license) is having the option of choosing .avi as an extension  and the name#.ext which appears not to be selectable as it is greyed out, meaning I cannot render any animation in avi format.

Message 13 of 20
lxhtin

Hi there,

I've been using the maya 2012 since last year. But recently when I opened Maya program, it showed that there would be only 7 days left for using it. And now my license has expired. But I registered/activated maya successfully last year and nothing wrong happened before. The problem suddenly happened in April. Have you seen anyone had the same problem??? 

Thank you

Message 14 of 20
arlinpega.bibat
in reply to: lxhtin

Hi lxhtin:

Please send me your serial number through private message(envelope next to your account name at the top of this page). Upon validation, we may generate an activation code manually.  In order to generate an activation code we will need the request code that is displayed on your monitor after you begin the activation procedure. Following are the steps to retrieve the request code:

1. Run the program

2. Pull down menu 'Help'

3. Click on 'About'

4. Click the Production Information button at the right hand corner

5. Click on the Activate button

6. On this page you will be able to view Product, Serial Number and Request Code 

Have a nice day!

Arlin Bibat
Message 15 of 20
lpintexas2004

need help from customer service..i've reached my limits on activation. cause im using a laptop and a desktop for my college work , and i just bought a new desktop cause my previous 1 is too old to support maya. I really do need help here..thanks in advanced.

Message 16 of 20

hi Ipintexas2004 and welcome to the forums,

Just to make sure I understand the issue, you currently have Maya installed on 2 computers (laptop and desktop) and you will replace the desktop for a new one, therefore you will continue to have it installed on only two computers (laptop and new desktop). Is this correct?

If so, please send me your serial number via private message (click on my screename camilo.lemos and then on Send This User a Private Message).

Thank you,

Camilo Lemos

Message 17 of 20
jerballesteros
in reply to: djg_2012

Hi

I'm having the same problem with the program. I just downloaded the Student Version of Maya 2012 yesterday and when I go to activate it doing this procedure (Help -> About Maya -> Product License Information -> Activate -> Continue!), a blank page appears after clicking continue and doesn't load. 

How can I activate my account then? 

Thanks!

Message 18 of 20
jessica.t
in reply to: jerballesteros

Hi Jer and welcome to the Autodesk Community!

Are you by chance seeing two radio buttons on your activation screen? If so, check out this solution. The blank activation screen has also been resolved by reverting your Internet Explorer back to version 9. Please let me know if this helps resolves your issue. Thank you!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 19 of 20
jerballesteros
in reply to: jessica.t

Hi Jessica!

Thank you for replying in my post. I used the solution you gave me and followed it but I was having a problem with #5.  Edit Registry and the My Computer security zone.

In the (Internet Properties -> Security) there is no My Computer along with (Internet, Local intranet, Trusted sites, and Restricted sites) in My Computer security zone. 

I tried activating it after doing the procedures (except for #5) and still, the two radio buttons is on my activation screen. 

Message 20 of 20
jessica.t
in reply to: jerballesteros

Perhaps your set up is a bit different. Did you try reverting your Internet Explorer version to 9?

Jessica Thrasher

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report