Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't activate Civil 3D in Infrastructure Design Suite 2012 installation

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
jhutchens
314 Views, 3 Replies

Can't activate Civil 3D in Infrastructure Design Suite 2012 installation

On one of my company's computers (64-bit Win7), I had problems installing many parts of IDS 2012, but finally managed to get Autocad 2012, Civil3D 2012 and Navisworks 2012 installed which are all I really need right now.  I entered serial number and product code during installation and Autocad 2012 and Navisworks 2012 seem to work fine, but when launching Civil3D, it prompts for activation.  When I enter the serial number, it shows a green check mark, but when entering the product code (the same one I used to install IDS, but I also tried the individual product code as well), it shows a red "X".  I have no options for any other activation methods that I can find, but need to get this product running.

Thanks in advance,

Jeff

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
philip.s
in reply to: jhutchens

Hi Jeff,

Did you install those programs from the IDS installer (all applications pull from one activation) or as separate components (would produce an invalid Serial Number / Product Key error)?

Are you able to run Civil 3D in trial mode, and then navigate into the activation process which would provide you with a request code? If so can you please send me that request code along with your serial number via Private Message (click on my philip.s profile name and then "Send this user a private message").

Message 3 of 4
jhutchens
in reply to: philip.s

I originally installed it separately when I started running into errors with the IDS setup, but that resulted in an error regarding a missing .dll file, so I uninstalled it and installed it through the IDS setup. . .  after disabling anti-virus which I later learned might have been causing the installation errors.  When I re-installed with the IDS setup, I installed only Civil3d (I had installed only Autocad 2012 and Navisworks 2012 from the installer previously, clearing the boxes for all other components).  I have since tried to go back and install the remaining compenents (with anti-virus disabled), but they still error out, so only those 3 components are installed.

I will try running in trial mode later today and forward the request code via PM. . .  the machine is currently in use, but I will try when it becomes available.

Thanks,

Jeff

Message 4 of 4
jhutchens
in reply to: jhutchens

When I tried to use the Civil3D product as a trial version, it went into an update process, then terminated with the following error:

Civ3DError2.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report