Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't acquire network license

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
karthur1
434 Views, 2 Replies

Can't acquire network license

I have a few users that use our network license.  Everything has been working fine, but for some reason, the license manager is not working now.  From LMTools, Start/STop/Reread tab, ReRead License File > I get "ReRead Server Failed".  On the "Perform Status Enquiry" Command, I get:

Status -------- Flexible License Manager status on Thu 4/18/2013 08:07

[Detecting lmgrd processes...] Error getting status: Cannot connect to license server system.  The license server manager (lmgrd) has not been started yet,  the wrong port@host or license file is being used, or the  port or hostname in the license file has been changed. Server name:   192.168.0.79 License path:  @192.168.0.79; FLEXnet Licensing error:-15,570

I think the problem is the 192.168.0.79 address.  This is NOT the address for the Host.... it is 192.168.0.62

How do I get it to look at the correct path?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
DarrenP
in reply to: karthur1

try this: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Could-not-obtain-license/m-p/3873499#M61292

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
karthur1
in reply to: DarrenP

I think I got it now.  I had IT change the IP for the server and had them make it static.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report