Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Reinstall Maya 2012

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
kevinml91
3484 Views, 5 Replies

Can't Reinstall Maya 2012

Hi,

I've been struggling for a few hours now trying to uninstall Maya 2012 and update to SP2. I have removed all files I can find, checked uninstall programs, ran CCleaner, and went into the registry myself and deleted remaining Maya files. No matter what I do, it still thinks Maya is installed and won't allow me to install ANY version now. Do I seriously have to reformat my entire computer in order to install Maya? This is pretty infuriating. Any suggestions?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
TravisNave
in reply to: kevinml91

To Diagnose and Fix installation problems automatically, please see the new Microsoft tool for this here:

http://support.microsoft.com/mats/Program_Install_and_Uninstall

For more information on the Autodesk KB Support article concerning the clean uninstall of Autdoesk products, see this link:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=2887771&linkID=9240617

For all other installation problems on Windows XP SP2 or below consider using the Microsoft Installer Clean Up Utility. For more information on this program, please my forum post here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Microsoft-Installer-Clean-Up-Utility-for-Add-Re...

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 6
sw_hornet
in reply to: kevinml91

I had this problem with maya 2013 as my trial version uninstaller became corrupt and I was trying to install a new Entertainment Creation Suite.  After a lot of different attempts with cleaning registries and such I found if you just run the .msi installer found within the subfolders of the install paths ex."D:/x64/Maya/Maya2013.msi" it will bring you the option to repair or uninstall your current installer.  This is true even if you've deleted all the files you can find relating to maya 2013 on your disk and registries.  After it uninstalled I was able to reinstall a never version just like new!

Message 4 of 6
hurleyman77
in reply to: sw_hornet

PERFECT!! I had exactly the same problem. Why doesn't the installation manager offer this option?

Message 5 of 6
typotez100
in reply to: TravisNave

ABSOLUTELY OUTSTANDING UTILITY, I have always ran into problems with updating to new software only to find that developers who create wonderful apps are 2-3 version out. This leaves you to downgrade in order to use their time-saving applets/plugins. This is where software giants doesn't want you to go backward (AdobeCS3-CS5/Autodesk 2010-2014). But with this fix-it utility works like a dream. This has saved me countless hours, trawling the internet to find a solution. Thank-you ever so much!!. I tried to go back to Maya 2013 from Maya 2014 and got the installation successful window and I hadn't had maya 2013 for 2 years and thought I deleted everything. This residue stood in the way of a new install. So now no more problems thanks to you. I have used computers for years and this is the first time I've ever spent the time to give a special thank-you to a complete stranger. WITH ALL THE SINCERITY I HAVE, THANK-YOU!
Message 6 of 6
TravisNave
in reply to: typotez100

Awesome. That's what we're here for.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report