Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Install Revit MEP 2012...

21 REPLIES 21
Message 1 of 22
LisaDrago
2073 Views, 21 Replies

Can't Install Revit MEP 2012...

Hello - I have downloaded revit MEP 2012 from the subscription center.

I have tried to install it 3 times now and it gets to where it is installing the last part - and it just hangs. I have left it run for over an hour so i know it is hung up.

I have cleaned off all the files and tried it again and i get no where.

Win 7 pro - 32 bit.

Please help... I installed Revit Architectue fine and Revit Structure okay (not recognizing my license number have already sent a request for that) so Revit MEP is the last i need to install.

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
You can't think AutoCAD and run Revit.
Email: LisaDragoEE@gmail.com
21 REPLIES 21
Message 2 of 22
DarrenP
in reply to: LisaDrago

are there any log files that you can post for revit mep 2012?

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 22
LisaDrago
in reply to: DarrenP

Hello Darren - well - not sure what the difference is but i got it to install this morning and registered.

Kind of weird but it worked.

Thank you for your response!

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
Message 4 of 22
DarrenP

i guess your computer needed a restart or something

DarrenP
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 22
nbaumgartner

This is happening to me.

The overall progress says 2 of 5 remaining, and it's been sitting here for about 30 minutes. There's almost no hard drive or cpu activity. This happened to me yesterday where it seemed to hang for over 45 minutes, so I thought maybe I had a corrupt installation exe. So I redownloaded the entire 3 GB, restarted a couple times, and it looks like the same thing is happening again.

Anyone have any ideas? Where are the log files located so that I can upload them? I have Win7 Ultimate 64-Bit.

AutoCAD MEP 2018
Fabrication CADmep 2018 - V3.05 Database
Dell Precision M6800 workstation - 16GB RAM - NVIDIA Quadro K4100M - 2.8GHz Core i7 - Win10 x64
As of 4-21-17
Message 6 of 22
LisaDrago
in reply to: nbaumgartner

I was getting stuck at 1of 3... It took a while to complete this morning.

Have you tried removing all the software and a complete shutdown and then reinstall?

This is what i did last night and this morning.

LD

Message 7 of 22
nbaumgartner

AutoCAD MEP 2018
Dell Precision M6800 workstation - 16GB RAM - NVIDIA Quadro K4100M - 2.8GHz Core i7 - Win10 x64
As of 4-21-17
Message 8 of 22
DarrenP

temp files are located here Vista/Win 7: C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Temp

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 9 of 22
nbaumgartner

wow... apparently clicking "Post" deleted all my text. 

...awesome. Well, I guess it's my fault for using internet explorer 9. 

Thanks, maybe I'll try doing a more thorough cleanout of the temp folder.

AutoCAD MEP 2018
As of 4-21-17
Message 10 of 22
DarrenP

the setup log should be in that folder

try turning on compatbility view for internet explorer 9

alt key>tools>compatibility view settings>display all sites in compatibility view is checked on

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 11 of 22
nbaumgartner

Thanks, the compatibility view seems to be working. I've never had to use it before.

I was about to attach a log file, but it looks like the install just completeled successfully. It just took a ridiculously long time to finish, with the appearance that it had stopped completely. I don't think I've ever had a program take literally an hour to install. But I'm just glad it's finally done.

Thank you both for your interest in helping.

AutoCAD MEP 2018
As of 4-21-17
Message 12 of 22
DannyHubbard

With the Revit downloads like those from the Subscription site none of the Revit content is included in the executable it is all downloaded during the install process. So depending on the content selected to install and internet speeds the install can take a while.

Danny Hubbard
QA Analyst
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 13 of 22
nbaumgartner

Ahhh, that makes sense. We do pretty well here as far as technology goes, but our internet speeds are atrocious.

AutoCAD MEP 2018
As of 4-21-17
Message 14 of 22
LisaDrago

I have to agree that it did take a really long time.

Not sure how much help i was but i'm always happy to assist.

LD

Message 15 of 22
LisaDrago
in reply to: DannyHubbard

YEs - this does make sense - but a note about it may be helpful as more people download and install the new version.

It would have been really helpful to me to know that before I started the process.

Just my opinion... 

LD

Message 16 of 22
DarrenP

here is more info on what he is talking about:http://revitclinic.typepad.com/my_weblog/2011/04/installing-content-for-revit-2012-products.html?utm...

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 17 of 22
hgajardo

I'm having a similar problem... It gets stuck while installing the Revit MEP part. The upper bar is complete, but it stays that way for hours. Might it be that I cancelled a previous installation? What should I need to delete, besides the TEMP folder?

Best regards,

Hernan.

Message 18 of 22
nbaumgartner
in reply to: hgajardo

Might it be that I cancelled a previous installation?

I sort of doubt that, based on my own experience. I cancelled my first attempt at installing Revit 2012 after it sat there and seemed to be doing nothing for hours.

The second attempt, I just let it work, and work, and work.... and then I let it work some more, then finally it finished. It may take you literally hours to install this. What speed is your internet connection? Do you have a lot of bandwidth available to you? Have you read all the posts in this thread?

My internet connection here at work sucks, and the way it sounds is that the installer for Revit downloads files during the installation. So for me, that explained why it took so long.

AutoCAD MEP 2018
As of 4-21-17
Message 19 of 22
hgajardo

I read every single post here, and no one seemed to work. I found some useful tips here, and it finally worked. I'm not sure which one did the trick but this what I did:

1. Clean the TEMP folder
  2. Delete the Revit folders
  3. Delete the registry entries for Revit
  4. Restarted
  5. And, the one I think was responsible for the success, I DISABLED THE ANTIVIRUS.

It took some time, but in the end, it worked (after about 15 minutes of looking like nothing was happening).

I hope this works for everybody, too. It's the first time I ever hear of an Autodesk product that needs the antivirus to be disabled for installation.

Thanks for your help!

Message 20 of 22
naylinaung9984

hello everyone ,

Today , i tried to installed the revit MEP 2012 student version.Before proceeding the installation , i have deleted all the file name which have Autodesk including the temp files and registery as well.  Moreover , i try to download microsoft virtualc++ 2010*(86).And then, i choose 64 bit revit software from auto desk web site and try to install it .But revit MEP is fail to installed and shown the message "Error 1905.Module C:\Program files(*86)\Autodesk\Autodesk DesignReview\EComposite\ModuleViewer.dll failto unregister.HRESULT-2147220472.Contact your support personnel."

At revit installation process, just revit MEP fail to installed ,but the rest Design reviewer and material library are succefully installed. When installation finished,just Designed reviewer is shown on desktop and i can't find the revit MEP shotcut.

So, pls give me some advise to solve that problem with kindly.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report