Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not reinstall revit content libraries 2015

25 REPLIES 25
Message 1 of 26
seavenyonhee
7141 Views, 25 Replies

Can not reinstall revit content libraries 2015

After installing revit 2015, I found that the templates and families are missing. I uninstalled the content libraries and tried to reinstall it, and I have been getting an error of installing it for so many times.

25 REPLIES 25
Message 2 of 26

Hi there,

Kindly install Revit 2015 again.

SC

www.bim-3d-4d-5d.blogspot.com
www.bim-navisworks.blogspot.com
Twitter @SureshChotrani
Give KUDOs if happy & accept solution if post provides solution
Message 3 of 26

Guys help,

Even after reinstalltion of Revit 2015, am not able to see Revit Content Library under control panel/programes/programe&features

Help will be appretiated.

Thanks and Regards

Suresh Chotrani

Twitter @SureshChotrani
Message 4 of 26

You mentioned an error in your original email but did not provide the text of that error. This information would be very helpful in the troubleshooting of this problem. It would also be helpful to know if you are installing Revit 2015 as a stand-alone product or part of a suite, such as the Infrastructure Design or Building Design suites. There is a known issue with the Infrastructure Design suite that causes Revit content installation to fail but there is a work-around to resolve this problem. Otherwise, my first suggestion would be to run through the following steps:

1. Access the Windows Control Panel and go to Programs and Features.
  2. Select the Autodesk Revit Content Libraries 2015 entry and click Uninstall/Change.
  3. At the main Revit Content Libraries 2015 maintenance page, click Add or Remove Programs.
  4. At the Add or Remove Content page, disable the checkboxes for each content pack, then click Next.
  5. When the updating process is complete, click Finish.
  6. Repeat steps 1 through 3.
  7. At the Add or Remove Content page, enable the checkboxes for each content pack that you want to install, then click Next.
  8. When the updating process is complete, click Finish.

The key is to remove all content before attempting to reinstall it. This is necessary because you are currently in a state where Revit is incorrectly under the impression that content installed properly. Steps 1 through 5 get you back to a state where Revit is aware that no content is installed and subsequent attempts to add content should be successful.

Please note that you have to have an active internet connection when running through these steps because some Revit content may need to be downloaded during this process. I also recommend disabling any anti-virus software during this process to ensure that it does not block the download of Revit content.

Suresh
If you aren't seeing a Revit Content Libraries 2015 entry in the Programs and Features dialog, I would recommend manually uninstalling by opening a Windows command prompt and entering MsiExec.exe /x{941030D0-1500-0410-0000-818BB38A95FC} and then pressing ENTER. Once the uninstall process is complete, launch the Revit installer again and you should be able to reinstall the Revit Content Libraries. At this point, make sure you have a valid internet connection and disable an anti-virus software.

Tony Michniewicz

Autodesk Revit QA

Tony Michniewicz
Revit Software QA Analyst
Message 5 of 26

Tony,

I have uninstall the Revit Content Library, and have installed Revit again several times but am not seeing Revit Content Library getting installed.

Under IDS there is setup file RCL2015 which when i run says that "you cannot run by double clicking".

Totally confused. Things have meshed up.

If you have soultion's kindly provide.

Thanks

SC

Twitter @SureshChotrani
Message 6 of 26

Suresh

It sounds like you are installing Revit Structure 2015 from the Infrastructure Design Suite 2015. When Revit content is successfully installed, you should see an "Autodesk Revit Content Libraries 2015" entry in the list of Windows programs and features (Control Panel > Uninstall a Program). If you see this entry, I recommend following the steps I outlined in my previous post.

If you do not see this entry, my recommendation would be to launch the IDS install again and proceed as if you were going to reinstall the entire suite. Once you get to the Configure Installation page, scroll to the bottom of the list of products and see if there is an "Autodesk Revit Structure Content Libraries 2015" entry in the shared components section. If not, there may be problems with your installation media and we would have to investigate that issue. If this entry exists, I would expand it and confirm that the underlying list of content packs is populated. If not, this again points to a probelm with your install media that needs to be investigated. If the list of content packs is populated, select at least one of the entries and then continue with the installation.

If you continue to experience problems, it would be helpful if you could provide the following log files, which should be in your Windows temp folder: Autodesk Revit Structure Content Libraries 2015 Install.log and cp_install.log.

Tony Michniewicz
Autodesk Revit QA

Tony Michniewicz
Revit Software QA Analyst
Message 7 of 26

Thanks Tony,

I did run the IDS setup, and then selected Revit Content Library. It got installed.

Suresh Chotrani

Twitter @SureshChotrani
Message 8 of 26

dear tony,

after having trouble finding the revit content libraries 2015 

Message 9 of 26

dear tony,

after having trouble finding the revit content libraries 2015, i followed the troubleshootin

Message 10 of 26

dear tony,

after having trouble finding the revit content libraries 2015, i followed the troubleshooting directions to uninstall the content libraries 

Message 11 of 26

dear tony,

after having trouble finding the revit content libraries 2015, i followed the troubleshooting directions to fully uninstall the content libraries (- 

Message 12 of 26

dear tony,

after having trouble finding the revit content libraries 2015, i followed the troubleshooting directions to fully uninstall the content libraries (-the first option to select  

Message 13 of 26

dear tony,

after having trouble finding the revit content libraries 2015, i followed the troubleshooting directions to fully uninstall the content libraries, i 

Message 14 of 26

dear tony,

after having trouble finding the revit content libraries 2015, i followed the troubleshooting directions to fully uninstall the content libraries, i'm struggling in   

Message 15 of 26

dear tony,

after having trouble finding the revit content libraries 2015, i followed the troubleshooting directions to fully uninstall the content libraries, i'm struggling to find the installer they mentioned  

Message 16 of 26

dear tony,

after having trouble finding the revit content libraries 2015, i followed the troubleshooting directions to fully uninstall the content libraries, i'm struggling to find the installer they mentioned, and i can't get it reinstalled  

Message 17 of 26

dear tony,

after having trouble finding the revit content libraries 2015, i followed the troubleshooting directions to fully uninstall the content libraries, i'm struggling to find the installer they mentioned, and i can't get it reinstalled. can you please direct me step by step  

Message 18 of 26

dear tony,

i recently downloaded a free student trialafter having trouble finding the revit content libraries 2015, i followed the troubleshooting directions to fully uninstall the content libraries, i'm struggling to find the installer they mentioned, and i can't get it reinstalled. can you please direct me step by step  

Message 19 of 26

dear tony,

i recently downloaded a free student trial of revit 2015. after having trouble finding the revit content libraries 2015, i followed the troubleshooting directions to fully uninstall the content libraries, i'm struggling to find the installer they mentioned, and i can't get it reinstalled. can you please direct me step by step h  

Message 20 of 26

dear tony,

i recently downloaded a free student trial of revit 2015. after having trouble finding the revit content libraries 2015, i followed the troubleshooting directions to fully uninstall the content libraries, i'm struggling to find the installer they mentioned, and i can't get it reinstalled. can you please direct me step by step.

thanks  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report