Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not activate 3DS Max

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Olympus1000
564 Views, 2 Replies

Can not activate 3DS Max

Ok, trying to remain calm but this is taking forever! Can someone please help.

I have one 3DS Max 2011 disk, with a 3 seat license. The software will install but not activate on my machine (and trial period has run out) online activation tells me that the serial number is invalid (Error 123). The software has installed and activated on the second machine but will not run due to a FLEXnet License finder query not being able to find the license file. The third computer has not been tested yet due to the amount of time I have spent on the others!

I have a .lic file from the online registration but this still does not work, I keep requesting help from the customer support and they just send me yet another .lic file (I think I have 8 now) that obviously still doesnt work. No-one is giving me any information other than the standard automated response. I have tried contacting the re-seller but have had no reply

I am now up getting into trouble over a deadline, so this is getting mega-urgent if someone could help me!

3DS Max 2014
Windows 7 Professional SP1 64-Bit
2 x Intel Xeon 2.93GHz
24GB Ram
Nvidia Quadro 4000
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
david.lau
in reply to: Olympus1000

If you have a 3 seat network license, you will need to change your Standalone installation to a Network installation of 3DS Max.  

You can add a -yc flag at the end of the Max shortcut to change it from Standalone to Network with out uninstalling and reinstalling the software.

If this is a muilt-seat Standalone, you will need to provide the Serial Number and Request codes via ABC at:

http://en.autodesk.ca/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=9719649&id=9830778

David Lau
Message 3 of 3
Olympus1000
in reply to: david.lau

Thank you for the response. I'm trying to contact the reseller to confirm that the software is infact 3 seats, as the packaging says 1 but we requested it for 3 computers.

This still does not explain why the software wont install on my computer at all, and keeps saying the serial number is invalid!

3DS Max 2014
Windows 7 Professional SP1 64-Bit
2 x Intel Xeon 2.93GHz
24GB Ram
Nvidia Quadro 4000

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report