Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Not Open default drawing templates, after installing inventor 2015

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
ben.mahony
402 Views, 6 Replies

Can Not Open default drawing templates, after installing inventor 2015

Just upgraded from 2014 to 2015, working nicely with my old models, added new parts, now issues, went to make a drawing so I could show a third party some details and can not creat new drawings, warning said can not open drawing template, requires migration.  Some times it just says no drawing templates.  

So I though migrating default templates would not be necessary and if it was necessary just opening them and saving them in 2015 would 'migrate' them but how do I open them?

Anybody know where they are stalled localy  (Not using vault)?

Thanks,

Ben

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
ben.mahony
in reply to: ben.mahony

Sorry for all the typo's, just frustrated that I must resort to a community forum for help when I pay for proffessional support, autocad's inbox being full and my local reseller not getting back to me! NO DISRESPECT to community members, just expected help from those paid to help first.
Lost three days of productivity since trying to update to 2015 with all issues still unresolved.
Message 3 of 7
TravisNave
in reply to: ben.mahony

You should probably get a new reseller then.  In the mean-time, you might ask in the Inventor forum.  You might get a faster response from the experts there.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 4 of 7
ben.mahony
in reply to: TravisNave

Reseller is usually helpful but apparently very busy at the moment, I will
pursue the issue with them further. I posted on this forum category
because the issue started when I installed the 2015 version I'm assuming
the templates did not install correctly.
Message 5 of 7
pendean
in reply to: TravisNave

OP was notified they are on subscription (see their other post): they can now get "autodesk" support that they paid for.
Message 6 of 7
Jon.Dean
in reply to: pendean

Take a look at the video, link shown below.

If you are working with your old rojects, then it is possible the templates are in Inventor 2014 format. They need to be opened and saved to 2015 format.

Video link: https://chronicle.autodesk.com/Main/Details/fe99f2ef-018e-4bb1-ad2c-813ebbf76a43

Jon.

Jon Dean

Message 7 of 7
ben.mahony
in reply to: Jon.Dean

Thanks all, my local support guys came to the rescue, despite my default paths pointing to the 2015 templates, I was using an old project file that was still pointing to 2014 template files and over-riding the default path ways. I dont ever remember playing with project file setings but must have at some point.  They took some time to tell me what the project file is for and moving forward I will take advantage of them. 

Thanks again for all the suggestions. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report