Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I re-download Autodesk Inventor?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
1155 Views, 2 Replies

Can I re-download Autodesk Inventor?

I recently downloaded Autodesk Inventor Professional 2013, and I accidently messed it up by moving a folder or something when I was organizing (I have a lot of Autodesk products) and now it gives me this error message (see bottom)

I would like to simply uninstall and reinstall, but I got this for free because my school paid for it and I need to use it for my college course engineering project, and I don't want anyone charged twice.

Please help me...

Error message:

Cannot open XML file: C:\Users\Public\Documents\Autodesk\Inventor 2013\Design Data\Text.xml.
Cannot open XML file: C:\Users\Public\Documents\Autodesk\Inventor 2013\Design Data\Balloon.xml.
Cannot open XML file: C:\Users\Public\Documents\Autodesk\Inventor 2013\Design Data\CenterMark.xml.
Cannot open XML file: C:\Users\Public\Documents\Autodesk\Inventor 2013\Design Data\DatumTarget.xml.
Cannot open XML file: C:\Users\Public\Documents\Autodesk\Inventor 2013\Design Data\Dimension.xml.
Cannot open XML file: C:\Users\Public\Documents\Autodesk\Inventor 2013\Design Data\FeatureControlFrame.xml.
Cannot open XML file: C:\Users\Public\Documents\Autodesk\Inventor 2013\Design Data\Hatch.xml.
Cannot open XML file: C:\Users\Public\Documents\Autodesk\Inventor 2013\Design Data\HoleTable.xml.
Cannot open XML file: C:\Users\Public\Documents\Autodesk\Inventor 2013\Design Data\Id.xml.
Cannot open XML file: C:\Users\Public\Documents\Autodesk\Inventor 2013\Design Data\Layers.xml.
Cannot open XML file: C:\Users\Public\Documents\Autodesk\Inventor 2013\Design Data\Leader.xml.
Cannot open XML file: C:\Users\Public\Documents\Autodesk\Inventor 2013\Design Data\Lighting.xml.
Cannot open XML file: C:\Users\Public\Documents\Autodesk\Inventor 2013\Design Data\ObjectDefaults.xml.
Cannot open XML file: C:\Users\Public\Documents\Autodesk\Inventor 2013\Design Data\PartsList.xml.
Cannot open XML file: C:\Users\Public\Documents\Autodesk\Inventor 2013\Design Data\RevisionTable.xml.
Cannot open XML file: C:\Users\Public\Documents\Autodesk\Inventor 2013\Design Data\SheetMetalRules.xml.
Cannot open XML file: C:\Users\Public\Documents\Autodesk\Inventor 2013\Design Data\SheetMetalUnfold.xml.
Cannot open XML file: C:\Users\Public\Documents\Autodesk\Inventor 2013\Design Data\Standard.xml.
Cannot open XML file: C:\Users\Public\Documents\Autodesk\Inventor 2013\Design Data\SurfaceTexture.xml.
Cannot open XML file: C:\Users\Public\Documents\Autodesk\Inventor 2013\Design Data\Table.xml.
Cannot open XML file: C:\Users\Public\Documents\Autodesk\Inventor 2013\Design Data\ViewAnnotation.xml.
Cannot open XML file: C:\Users\Public\Documents\Autodesk\Inventor 2013\Design Data\Weld.xml.
Cannot open XML file: C:\Users\Public\Documents\Autodesk\Inventor 2013\Design Data\WeldBead.xml.
Cannot read texture image C:\Users\Public\Documents\Autodesk\Inventor 2013\Textures\Chrome.dds

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
aaronhai
in reply to: 129712971297

Hi 129712971297,

Welcome to Autodesk Forum Community.

You can activate the poduct again via online activation after re-installation.

Else, you can opt to activate manually here. Please note the on-screen Request Code.

Let me know if that helps. Thank you.

Aaron Hai
Message 3 of 3
noberski92
in reply to: aaronhai

I have the same issue, and i was wondering if there was any way for me to fix it, without reinstalling the software?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report