Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I load AutoCad 2010 and AutoCad 2012 on same computer?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
505 Views, 3 Replies

Can I load AutoCad 2010 and AutoCad 2012 on same computer?

Hi, I'm a student and one class I took was using AutoCad 2012 which I currently have loaded on my computer, but now I need AutoCad 2010 also. It looked like it was loading fine, but then it just goes away and nothing happens. 

How can I load 2010 also?

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

If your licenses allow for it, and it's availble to you to download from the student website, you can load up every version of AutoCAD out there on the one PC.

Realize though that there is not much difference between the two 2010-2012 versions and it may be pointless to do such a thing: is there a compelling reason other than something you may have read? just curious.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Thanks for the info. I think the problem "might" be that I need to try to install the 64 bit version instead of the default version.  I'm taking two different but similar AutoCad classes and one is 2010 and the other is 2012. Some of the test questions are so specific like "what happens when you click and hold on the little triangle in the standard toolbar"  in 2010 I think it does a flyout menu but in 2012 if you click and hold the mouse button it does nothing.  I just wasn't sure how many other little subtle differences there might be and cause me to miss exam questions.

I think I remember when I loaded 2011 that it did the same thing but it finally worked when I loaded the 64 bit option.  I deleted 2011 when I downloaded 2012 and now I'm back to needing 2010.  I can probably get by with using 2012 but I just hated to miss any questions due to small changes.

I may try the student download if my last idea doesn't work.

Thanks!

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

The problem was that I needed to load the 64 bit version. It works fine now.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report