Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can ACAD2004 run w/ ACAD2005 network license file?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
157 Views, 6 Replies

Can ACAD2004 run w/ ACAD2005 network license file?

2005 upgrade received but we are not ready to deploy. We are currently running 12 ACAD2004 network licenses. Would like to purchase two additional licenses -- preferrably 2005 or we will have to purchase 2004 to 2005 upgrades when we deploy 2005. If we purchase 2005 licenses, our new license file will be for 14 ACAD2005 network licenses. Will ACAD2004 be able to use these licenses?
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Sorry but AutoCAD 2004 needs a license for that exact version. I suggest that you explain your situation to your dealer who can work with Autodesk to figure out your best plan is. -- Jerry Milana, Autodesk Consulting "Beaner" wrote in message news:40991eb5$1_3@newsprd01... > 2005 upgrade received but we are not ready to deploy. We are currently > running 12 ACAD2004 network licenses. Would like to purchase two additional > licenses -- preferrably 2005 or we will have to purchase 2004 to 2005 > upgrades when we deploy 2005. If we purchase 2005 licenses, our new license > file will be for 14 ACAD2005 network licenses. Will ACAD2004 be able to use > these licenses? > >
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

If you purchase subscription you are allowed to run either 2004 or 2005 as long as you make sure that you don't use more than the number of licenses you have. -- Best Regards, Jimmy Bergmark CAD and Database Developer Manager at www.pharmadule-emtunga.com Take a look at JTB FlexReport (FLEXlm report tool) - www.jtbworld.com/jtbflexreport SmartPurger (Purges automatically) - www.jtbworld.com/?/smartpurger.htm or download some freeware at www.jtbworld.com More on AutoCAD 2005; www.jtbworld.com/autocad2005.htm "Beaner" wrote in message news:40991eb5$1_3@newsprd01... > 2005 upgrade received but we are not ready to deploy. We are currently > running 12 ACAD2004 network licenses. Would like to purchase two additional > licenses -- preferrably 2005 or we will have to purchase 2004 to 2005 > upgrades when we deploy 2005. If we purchase 2005 licenses, our new license > file will be for 14 ACAD2005 network licenses. Will ACAD2004 be able to use > these licenses? > >
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

On Wed, 5 May 2004 20:28:19 +0200, in autodesk.autocad.network "Jimmy Bergmark" wrote: > If you purchase subscription you are allowed to run either 2004 or 2005 as > long as you make sure that you don't use more than the number of licenses > you have. I was able to obtain a keycode for additional Map6 licenses after 2004 was released, but I had to write a letter to Autodesk (through my reseller) indicating why I needed to run the previous version, and for what period of time. Jason
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

This still bothers me. They could have written it to use a newer license file. I can still use my UnigraphicsV17 with a UGNX2 (UGV20) license file. I have a subscription for our AutoCad and the licenses are used by 5 different departments. I guess I'll have to see if Autodesk will split my licenses into two serial numbers so I can upgrade just a portion of them. -- Steven BerkHolz Send to Domain TESCOGroup dot com, username SB Note: you may also want to know that you should never send mail to: blacklist-my-ip@admins.ws info@dautrap.uceprotect.net listme@sorbs.net spamtrap@sandes.dk spamtrap@stop.mail-abuse.org spamtrap@frankenbiker.de spamtrap@blars.org "jerry milana" wrote in message news:409925a3_2@newsprd01... > Sorry but AutoCAD 2004 needs a license for that exact version. I suggest > that you explain your situation to your dealer who can work with Autodesk to > figure out your best plan is. > -- > Jerry Milana, > Autodesk Consulting > > "Beaner" wrote in message > news:40991eb5$1_3@newsprd01... > > 2005 upgrade received but we are not ready to deploy. We are currently > > running 12 ACAD2004 network licenses. Would like to purchase two > additional > > licenses -- preferrably 2005 or we will have to purchase 2004 to 2005 > > upgrades when we deploy 2005. If we purchase 2005 licenses, our new > license > > file will be for 14 ACAD2005 network licenses. Will ACAD2004 be able to > use > > these licenses? > > > > > >
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

Technically, you'll have to upgrade (replace) your FlexLm license server with the version provided on the 2005 CD (or newer) and the adeskflex also.
Then you'll have to combine the old LIC file with the 2004 licenses and the new LIC file with the 2005 licenses into 1 lic file.
Then it works, and you can migrate clients then in your own time. File format stays the same so I expect no problems there, PC3 and other configuration files are best kept separate..
Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

Just to add to Patrick's response, look at the Network Licensing Guide in the "documents tab" on the install page. Chapter 3 pg.22 has an example of a "combined" license. Pay particular attention to the format if you use a cut & paste method. Mike Gauvin CADsoft Consulting-Arizona "patrick_aps" wrote in message news:28062642.1083853416696.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > Technically, you'll have to upgrade (replace) your FlexLm license server with the version provided on the 2005 CD (or newer) and the adeskflex also. > Then you'll have to combine the old LIC file with the 2004 licenses and the new LIC file with the 2005 licenses into 1 lic file. > Then it works, and you can migrate clients then in your own time. File format stays the same so I expect no problems there, PC3 and other configuration files are best kept separate..

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report