Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CRC Error extracting files from Premium Suite 2012 part 2 and part 3 .RAR files

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
cthompson
1267 Views, 3 Replies

CRC Error extracting files from Premium Suite 2012 part 2 and part 3 .RAR files

I am upgrading 2008 LT software to 2012 premium suite. I downloaded the 32 bit premium 2012 suite from the subscription website. When I extracted the "Part 1.RAR" files the installation .exe fired up and I began installing the software. When I was through there were a few programs like Mudbox and Sketchbook that failed to install. I then tried to download and extract the "Part 2" and "Part 3" .RAR files from the website. I could unzip them without any problem but when I tried to extract them I get the following error message.

Extracting to "C:\Autodesk\"

Use Path: yes Overlay Files: no

Irrecoverable Error: CRC error detected.

So far the tech services guy who will remain nameless has taken 3 days to reply with 17 words so I am getting frustrated and need to make sure this is done properly. Furthermore today a flash drive showed up from autodesk which would no doubt install without any problems but I doubt I can uninstall and reinstall without loosing the liscense. Is it possible to install from the flash drive and simply overwrite all the files I already have installed?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
DarrenP
in reply to: cthompson

i really don't know how you installed anything you didn't download the complete program

i would do a system restore to before you installed the suite

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
cthompson

How does that information help me now? I couldn't care less about what I "Should have done". Nothing recommended doing a system restore before I got started. What can I do now?

Please reply if you have constructive comments only.

Message 4 of 4
TravisNave

I agree with Darren.  His recommendations are constructive. You do not manually extract the RAR files.  They are self-extracting from the original installation .exe file.  Make sure you have downloaded all parts and it will extract by design.

Problems downloading the Autodesk software and/or CRC errors may be avoided by using another web browser, or using the alternate browser download method.

For more detailed information on this process, please see the following blog post tip here:

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2011/08/downloading-software-browser-download-vs-download...

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report