Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4
caddman6425nah
216 Views, 3 Replies

C3D won't start

Hi all, I'm running C3D on a 64 bit machine, but the problem is this. It installed just fine, but when I went and started the program, it went through its phases, but...... when the desktop start to open it did as a flash , and the program just bombed and quit. I have no problems with all my other Autodesk programs. Help is surely needed and is wanted at this point, and BTW, TIA Nick
--
Nick
AEC Design Services
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

You might try the Installation & Licensing forum.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: caddman6425nah

Try a repair install or delete the CascadeInfo.cas file and see if you have any luck.

For more detailed information about the CascadeInfo.cas file, please refer to the Autodesk Support Knowledge Base article found here:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?linkID=9240617&id=13894457&siteID=123112

For non-license related instances where your Autodesk product starts and hangs, please review this Autodesk KB on the InfoCenter:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=15228698&linkID=9240617

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 4 of 4

I have seen this happen on our laptop.

This is my solution:

Try right clicking the AutoCAD Civil 3D icon on your windows desktop--> properties

In the Shortcut Tab, Target field look for  "<<C3D_Imperial>>" at the end of the script. (your custom profile name might be here instead)

change it to "test".  This will build a new profile.

Open AutoCAD

Go to OPTIONS--> Profiles Tab and set "<<C3D_Imperial>>" current (or your custom profile name)

Unfortunately, this last step needs to be done every time Civil 3D is opened.

Michael Merlino
Civil Engineering Technician / "CAD Manager"
SAN JOSE, CA, USA

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report