Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C3D can't pull license after IDSP 2014 upgrade

30 REPLIES 30
Message 1 of 31
AllenJessup
920 Views, 30 Replies

C3D can't pull license after IDSP 2014 upgrade

After installing Infrastructure Design Suite Premium 2014 and pointing the License Server to the new license file. The previously installed Civil 3D 2012 cannot pull a license. The Civil 3D 2014 that installed with IDSP 2014 will find a license. Status in LM Tools shows a license should be available.

Users of 85799IDSP_2012_0F:  (Total of 5 licenses issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

I think I found the answer HERE. But when I try and install the Hotfix. I get an error that AeccCascade.cab is missing or damaged. I can't find that file on my computer, that includes the 2012 files that were expanded from the download and the deployment. Google doesn't return any results for that file name.

Any suggestions on how to proceed from here?

Allen Jessup

Civil 3D 2012 SP 2.1
Dell Precision T7400, Xeon CPU 3.16 GHz
Win 7 Pro, 64-bit,12 GB RAM, Nvidia Quadro FX 4600

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

30 REPLIES 30
Message 21 of 31
DarrenP
in reply to: AllenJessup

you should be able to escalate this thread

do you see this button?

original.png

DarrenP
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 22 of 31
AllenJessup
in reply to: DarrenP

Yes. I just hit it. I was on the phone with my reseller about the Opt-in Opt-out nonsense. He'd like a solution to the license problem also because it will affect a lot of his customers. He had the same Idea about it possibly being applied in a Hotfix. But then why can't I pull a license?

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer

EESignature

Message 23 of 31
DarrenP

we would have to confirm with autodesk to see if this particular hotfix is included in any of the services packs for 2012

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 24 of 31
AllenJessup

Hopefully they will soon.

Allen Jessup

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer

EESignature

Message 25 of 31
AllenJessup

According to Autodesk Support the hotfix was not included in any Civil 3D service pack. I've done a repair and a reinstall at their request. The Hotfix still wont install.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer

EESignature

Message 26 of 31
DarrenP

i am wondering if the service pack is the reason you can't install this hotfix

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 27 of 31
DarrenP

i'll try here

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 28 of 31
AllenJessup

Thanks Darren. Would you believe it. Now that I reinstalled C3D it fatal errors every time I try to start it!

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer

EESignature

Message 29 of 31
DarrenP

i just installed civil 3d 2012, service pack 2.1 and the the hotfix in this order

and it worked so something went wrong with your installation at some point

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 30 of 31
DarrenP

i can't find the aeccCascade.cab file either

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 31 of 31
AllenJessup

@DarrenP wrote:

i just installed civil 3d 2012, service pack 2.1 and the the hotfix in this order

and it worked so something went wrong with your installation at some point

I'm going back a step further and recreating the Network Deployment. Since Civil 3D wont run after the reinstall I'm going to believe that there is a fault in the deployment. It isn't the pathing but maybe I accidentally deleted a file or folder. Who knows!

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report