Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C3D 2013 Deployment Creation

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
jnelson1071
496 Views, 3 Replies

C3D 2013 Deployment Creation

I have a question and don't know if someone could clear this up for me?

What does the deployment option to "Include only products required by this deployment configuration" actually mean?

The way I'm reading the documentation, if something does come out to add to the deployment (aka: Subscription Advantage Pack) if I select this now, then I would have to build a new deployment to then include these? As it was, it took me 3.5+ hours to create the first deployment. Should I have this unchecked then I would be able to append the deployment to add items down the road?

http://docs.autodesk.com/CIV3D/2013/ENU/filesCIO/GUID-DA4B72C7-205E-4ED5-B736-A11416677A35.htm
"If selected, the deployment cannot be modified in the future to include additional products. If unselected, the administrative image will include all possible products, and the deployment can be modified in the future in any way."

What are "Possible Products" anyways?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: jnelson1071

Basically like suites.  You create a deployment that includes all the suite products like Inventor, AutoCAD, Mechanical, 3DS, etc.  Whatever you have, essentially.  If you create only a deployment with one product, then it will only create it with that one product and you cannot modify it to add additional ones.  That's really all they are saying.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 4
jnelson1071
in reply to: TravisNave

Thanks for the clarification Travis, that makes sense now.  Even though this was a one product deployment setup, not a suite, the installer must be setup this way to make all the installations uniform across the products.

So I still should be able to go back and modify the deployment to add in items such as Service Packs and Subscription Advantage Packs and other product specific addons?

Message 4 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: jnelson1071

Yep, the suites will be released very shortly.  You will have no problem adding service packs and the like to your deployment.  If you have any issues, that's what we're here for.  Good Luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report