Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Borrow Problem - User Specific?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
robjames
184 Views, 2 Replies

Borrow Problem - User Specific?

To set the scene - we've successfully managed to borrow a 2004 license to a PC to allow us to work away from the office. However, our 'new' office has it's own network and to enable us to connect to the network and therefore print the 'temp' IT guys have reset the IP address of the PC and created a new user profile.

The problem is that AutoCAD no longer works, we get the option to browse for the license file. I'm assuming that borrowing a license is therefore user specific, can anyway confirm this or suggest a work around? At present the plan is to re-set the IP address and return to the original user profile, which means a 200 mile trip back to our office IT team.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: robjames

Yes it is user-specific, I'm afraid I know of no workaround.

--
Sam Hochberg
Inventor Certified Expert
Not too bad at AutoCAD either

wrote in message news:4857046@discussion.autodesk.com...
...borrowing a license is therefore user specific, can anyway confirm this
or suggest a work around?
Message 3 of 3
TravisNave
in reply to: robjames

I don' t know why it would be necessary to change to a new profile. Changing IPs is understandable. A new profile for the same computer is not.

Log in as the local Administrator account. Change the folder name of the new profile under C:\Documents and Settings to something else. Then copy the old profile and rename it to what the new profile was named. Reboot and log back in.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report