Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blue screen error when launching Autodesk products

22 REPLIES 22
SOLVED
Message 1 of 23
david.durston
16244 Views, 22 Replies

Blue screen error when launching Autodesk products

Hello, hoping posting here will help me fix a problem or at least become more aware of the problem.

I've been using Max and Maya for a while now (over a year) and suddenly yesterday morning, they both began to give me BSODs when launching.  I hadn't installed or changed anything on my comp between the last time it worked and it not working.

After trying to reinstall the programs, I also tried re-seating my graphics card and memory, I've updated to the most recent nvidia beta drivers and also tried rolling back to older ones. After none of that worked, today I decided to format and reinstall windows, also to no avail. I've run a hard drive check and memory diagnostic tool through windows, neither reporting errors. I downloaded and installed SoftImage and Blender to test and see if it was only Autodesk products or a 3D issue. SoftImage also blue-screens, but Blender and 3d apps/games still work fine. Since it's strictly Autodesk products, I'm posting on these forums hoping to find some more information and maybe even a fix.

Here is a picture of the exact BSOD error:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v255/JumpDog/IMAG0423.jpg?t=1343283516

Thanks for any help or ideas

22 REPLIES 22
Message 21 of 23
artymax
in reply to: VinnyLT

I'm glad you had success with this. It's scary to think that your firewall and antivirus software can't stop these IRQ_HOOK trojans. But that's the point of them, to fly under the radar and locate themselves hidden in the processes of a program so that they go unnoticed. I'm not sure the intent of the trojan. What was it doing?

I'm really disappointed in the major antivirus software companies, i.e. Norton and McAfee. On the flipside I'm really impressed by the freeware companies who care enough to make their hard work and efforts free to anybody who needs it. Really impressed by these companies.

AVG 2012

rkill.exe from bleepingcomputer.com

TDSS killer from support.kaspersky.com

Malwarebyte  from filehippo.com/download

And Xpuser4real for posting the the fix. http://www.computing.net/answers/security/irp-hook-removal-rootkit/36575.html

Message 22 of 23
irish27612
in reply to: artymax

artymax - YOU ARE THE MAN!!!!!  (or woman, don't know, but you get the idea).

Thank you - I've wasted two freeken days trying to figure out this problem.  Your solution works!

My problem was exactly as you described - BSOD with 0x00000050 stop error, occured only when starting autodesk product, all other programs worked fine. 

I followed the instructions posted by artymax above (run AVG Free, then three more steps).  PROBLEM SOLVED!

Message 23 of 23

if showing BSOD need to analyze the problem why its happend ,i search and found bluescrennview and its help me lot here is the link http://spidersoft.in/Windows/System-Utilities/Other/BlueScreenView_102.html

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report