Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blue Screen when downloading!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
dttv94
497 Views, 4 Replies

Blue Screen when downloading!

Hi there, I recently activated a student liscense for 3DS Max for college work and the like. I accidentally downloaded Max 2013 instead of 2014 (Which we now use in college). Now whenever I try and download Max 2014 I get the Blue Screen of Death. It is becoming more and more of an issue as the college year goes on and I need more time to practice with it and work on course work. Im not sure if I need to remove Max 2013 first and I dont really want to find out the hard way and lose access to both versions. Just in case, here are my computer specs:

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA 78LMT

AMD FX4130 Quad Core 3.8gh

AMD Radeon HD 7870

8 gb DDR3 Ram

Corsair CX 750 PSU

The case has cooling good enough for long gaming sessions on recent games and is almost brand new. Any help you can give me would be very greatly appreciated, thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
DarrenP
in reply to: dttv94

blue screens are usually computer hardware or driver related

use the tool on this website to read the blue screen error message to determine where to start troubleshooting

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2026248/can-a-bsod-hurt-my-computer-.html

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
TravisNave

Darren is right.  What is the BSOD errror?  I wouldn't be surprised if it is a NIC driver. 

You can also try downloading with the virtual agent:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=21889745&linkID=9240617

Good Luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 4 of 5
dembkod

dttv94,

Hello. If this is a “gaming” computer, I am guessing you may have a lot of gaming related stuff on there. Specifically the drivers could be an issue. AMD has a driver manager program with that card and pretty much any of the settings in the manager could be a problem. I would test a few drivers and then take a look ta the acceleration type settings and see if you can isolate the block.

Thank you for taking part in our community!

David Dembkoski
Message 5 of 5
dttv94

Sorry I didn't message back here but college was getting a bit hairy and I totally forgot I posted here. I recently tried to download 2014 again but to no avail. When I use the install now option it says monitor exe is running and has to be closed. Looked around for some help on this issue, and people mostly said close monitor.exe in task manager. I think this has something to do with the blue screen issue but I cant find a way to close monitor.exe without my computer dying. I also tried the solutions that you have given me but nothing helps. I tried the download manager and the download stops halfway through for no reason and when I tried browser download the files are always corrupt. Going to start a new thread about these issues. Thanks for the replies though, I appreciate the help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report