Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blue Screen during Installation - can't reinstall

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
SparkyMarky
740 Views, 5 Replies

Blue Screen during Installation - can't reinstall

While installing Autodesk Inventor 2011 the computer had a blue screen.

Obviously the program didn't finish installing so attempted to uninstall, but it won't uninstall.

Have tried the steps at http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?linkID=9242018&id=14893355&siteID=123112 (TS14893355). The Uninstall tool fails, so followed the steps to manually uninstall, however when trying to reinstall Inventor the option to install it is greyed out and it says Inventor is already installed.

Any other ideas on how to fix this issue and reinstall Inventor?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
TravisNave
in reply to: SparkyMarky

Yes, you need the Microsoft Installer Cleanup Utility to remove the installation registration from Add/Remove Programs.  I will attach it here.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 6
SparkyMarky
in reply to: TravisNave

Thanks, will have to wait until Monday morning to test now. Will post back on Monday.

Message 4 of 6
TravisNave

Sounds good.  Just install the program and then launch it from the Start Menu.  At that point, remove Inventor from the list and you will be set. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 6
SparkyMarky
in reply to: TravisNave

Thanks, worked like a charm!

Message 6 of 6
TravisNave

Excellent!

Autodesk Forums:

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report