Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blank Main Window after fresh installation

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
266 Views, 4 Replies

Blank Main Window after fresh installation

I don't believe this is related to the blank registration page issue, or maybe it is.

I have a fresh install of Civil 3D 2012 on a Windows 7 Pro operating system computer.  The computer meets or exceeds all the required specifications to run.

The program was installed with no delays nor error messages, but upon the first run of the program, instead of seeing the familiar Ribbon, Prospector, and quick menu, i was greeted with basically blank pages where these items should be,  I am attaching a screenshot of the main window for reference.

I have tried uninstalling, deleting folders and performing a clean install.  Still the same issue crops up.

This computer also runs Civil 3D 2010 and 2011 with no issues as well as Land Desktop companion 2009.

Has anyone seen this kind of error before or can offer any suggestions?

Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
hashim.mundol
in reply to: Anonymous

Please try to reinstall .NET framework

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!
For more tips & tricks: http://upandready.typepad.com

Hashim Mundol
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: hashim.mundol

Thank you for your response.  I have tried both repair, then removal and reinstallation of the .NET Framework as suggested, but this has not fixed the issue.

Every time I try to start Civil 3D 2012 I continue to get these blank screens.   Also, every time I start, the splash screen states "First Run Initializing"  Something is preventing this from completeing.

-Mark

Message 4 of 5
hashim.mundol
in reply to: Anonymous

hi

Assuming you have run Windows updates, 

Please try to install and run the software in diagnostics mode as described here (as different admin user)

http://usa.autodesk.com/getdoc/id=TS75218

if you still have issues, you might need some more debug sessions.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!
For more tips & tricks: http://upandready.typepad.com

Hashim Mundol
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: hashim.mundol

Thank you again for your response.

We followed the procedure posted on this site for completely removing Civil3D 2012 and tried re-installing in Windows diagnostic mode per your direction. 

There are several computers in our office with the same build as this one that have 2012 installed and are operating successfully with it. 

This particular machine I am working on is the only one that had 2011 installed.  We have uninstalled it but  2012 will still not run.

Thank you,

Mark

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report