Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blank Activation Screen

231 REPLIES 231
SOLVED
Message 1 of 232
Anonymous
111827 Views, 231 Replies

Blank Activation Screen

In early Dec 2010 I downloaded AutoCAD 2011 (I already had the 2010 version).  When I opened it, a screen appeared with the option to 'TRY' or 'ACTIVATE'.  When I clicked on Activate the next screen appeared but it was blank except for 2 radio buttons without any text attached.  Supposedly, I have to get a request code from that screen to activate but obviously I can't.

Does anyone have any suggestions for this particular problem?

Tags (1)
231 REPLIES 231
Message 181 of 232
par14060
in reply to: jessica.t

Hey,

thank you for your fast answer, Jessica.

I have solved now the problem. I revert the IE from 11 to 9.
For others:

Go to "Windows Updates" - on the left side you will see "Installed Updates" - search in the List for the latest IE which you have installed, (ex. at me IE 11), right click on it and deinstall it. Than close the Window and open it new and search for IE 10 (if you was on 11) and deinstall it too, than restart your computer and try to activate the license, it should now work.

Greetz

Message 182 of 232
jessica.t
in reply to: par14060

Hi Ivan! So glad you were able to resolve the issue! And thank you very much for sharing your solution! Smiley Happy

Jessica Thrasher
Message 183 of 232
jessica.t
in reply to: Ju.Duncan

Hi Juliette,

Did you try temporarily disarming your firewalls and antivirus software? And just to double check, you're using Internet Explorer 9, correct? You didn't uninstall it. It's the newer versions of Internet Explorer that cause issues sometimes. Please let me know!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 184 of 232
Ju.Duncan
in reply to: par14060

Hi, thank you for your answer, 

I finally got help from autodesk, I think the problem was with administrator issues? I had already uninstalled windows explorer9 and folled the previous steps but this solved it : 

" Please make sure you run the command window as an Administrator and unregister and register two dlls. Here is the process:

1. Ensure that all Autodesk applications are closed. 
2. In the search/run bar at the bottom of the Windows Start menu, type CMD but do *not* press Enter. The menu will change to a search results page, displaying cmd.exe at the top of the list. 
3. Right-click on cmd.exe at the top of the list and choose Run as Administrator from the context menu that appears. 
4. If prompted whether to allow the program to make changes to Windows, click Yes; a DOS prompt window will appear. 
5. At the command prompt, enter regsvr32 /u jscript.dll to unregister 
6. At the command prompt, enter regsvr32 /u vbscript.dll to unregister 
7. At the command prompt, enter regsvr32 jscript.dll to register
8. At the command prompt, enter regsvr32 vbscript.dll to register 
9. Reboot your machine. 
10. Retest the registration.  "

Message 185 of 232
jessica.t
in reply to: Ju.Duncan

Excellent! And thanks very much for sharing your solution with the community!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 186 of 232
tokol
in reply to: dukduks

Thank you...thank you...thank you! I have been battling with this activation screen with 2 radio buttons for a while now, and your suggestion that it might be related to McAfee was the only one of the many posted solutions that worked! The culprit WAS McAfee...now I can get to work.

Message 187 of 232
in reply to: JarretDD

Что если, я захожу через блокнот, вставляю ту самую строку, начинаю сохранять, а он пишет "отказано в доступе", почемууу!??Переустанавливала мах ,через права администратора,но все тщетно.Помогите пожалуйста разобраться.
Message 188 of 232
56sanchez
in reply to: govy86

SAVE where?
Message 189 of 232
111jag
in reply to: Anonymous

I am going to post my problem as well.  I am surprised tech support has not found a solution to this problem.  I have tried everything in all of these posts.  Nothing has worked.

I am trying to activate Revit 2014.

I have a Lenova i7 computer running windows 7 and google chrome, with Zone Alarm and Malaware protection software.

I have spent 20 hours trying to solve this problem, and as with other users I see there are various fixes for various computers.  None of these worked on my computer.

Anything else would be appreciated.

Thanks....

Message 190 of 232
jessica.t
in reply to: 111jag

Hi @111jag,

Sorry to see that you're having blank activation page issues. If you could please go into a little further detail on the troubleshooting you've already completed I would be happy to continue working on this with you. Thank you!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 191 of 232

Legend!!!! you have done what no autodesk help staff could! I'm so glad i can finally use this software.
Message 192 of 232
cpzz

I did what yours said at 20 page.
I tried every solution
But
I still have this problem.
Please help me
Message 193 of 232
mcentkowski
in reply to: govy86

thank you so much for that!!!  worked fine for me finally!  i had just reinstalled windows on my machine and was getting a little worried there.  went into IE like you said and worked like a charm.  being honest im not completly sure why it worked though and im curious if i should go back into the security setting and switch them back to disabled or not and if it is putting my machine at risk?  thanks again!

Message 194 of 232
jessica.t
in reply to: cpzz

Hi @cpzz and welcome to the Autodesk Community,

I apologize for the activation issues! I was looking through this thread trying to find the directions in which you followed but there are many solutions here. If you could please tell me which troubleshooting steps you've already tried it would be greatly appreciated. Then we can continue on from there. Thank you!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 195 of 232
fffsas

Good afternoon to everybody, I am Giuseppe from Italy.

I had to change my notebook because my old pc is broken; on my old pc, windows xp, I used Lt 2010 and the program was perfect.

On my new notebook, windows 7 64, instead, I have the same activation problems (register today white windows with two buttons) although I tried every solutions and I am going slightly mad.

Any other solution, please?

Thank you everybody

Giuseppe

Message 196 of 232
fffsas
in reply to: fffsas

Finally it works!!!!!!

In my case this was the solution!

Your post didn't work for me. Anyway, I could fix it on my own.
I had this scenario: Just bought a Inspiron 14R laptop and I removed some of the bloatware that came with my Windows 7 x64. One of them was McAffe Antivirus (the guy that gave me an headache without my knowledge.
So I started to install my own stuff in my laptop and then I got "Could not access VBScript run time for custom action" while trying to install Extensis Suitcase Fusion 3.

After doing some research and trying everything that I came across the internet, I figured out how. It's very easy, just follow the steps:

1) Search google for "McAffe Consumer Product Removal Tool" or "MCPR.exe".
2) Run MCPR.exe.
3) Search for Microsoft Fix it 50842 or "MicrosoftFixit50842.msi".
4) Run MicrosoftFixit50842.msi.
5) Reboot and cross your fingers.

Message 197 of 232
jessica.t

Thanks for sharing your solution, @fffsas! Smiley Happy 

Jessica Thrasher
Message 198 of 232
fffsas
in reply to: jessica.t

A pleasure! 😉

Message 199 of 232
fffsas

Sorry....but the solution is not mine. I found it on web..... 🙂
Message 200 of 232
BJ2013

This is the ONLY thing that worked... thanks so much for your info!... Everyone who still has issues should at least try this to remove ANY residual McAfee installation that might exist on your machine; even if you think you have removed McAfee DO THIS!!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report