Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blank Activation Screen

231 REPLIES 231
SOLVED
Message 1 of 232
Anonymous
111372 Views, 231 Replies

Blank Activation Screen

In early Dec 2010 I downloaded AutoCAD 2011 (I already had the 2010 version).  When I opened it, a screen appeared with the option to 'TRY' or 'ACTIVATE'.  When I clicked on Activate the next screen appeared but it was blank except for 2 radio buttons without any text attached.  Supposedly, I have to get a request code from that screen to activate but obviously I can't.

Does anyone have any suggestions for this particular problem?

Tags (1)
231 REPLIES 231
Message 101 of 232
camilo.lemos
in reply to: mikebon123

Hi mikebon123,

Could you please send me your request code via private message here on the forums (click on my screenname camilo.lemos and then on Send This User a Private Message)? I'll activate the product manually for you.

Regards,

Camilo Lemos

Message 102 of 232
a.alxnder
in reply to: camilo.lemos

I have tried everything. I changed my IE settings, did the regsvr32 stuff (successullfy), and have now tried adding

<!-- saved from url=(0016)http://localhost -->, to every RTfile. To no avail, I have a student edition and it just won't work. please HELP.

I am on windows 7 64bt System. Using an intel corei3.

Message 103 of 232
Mimarzade
in reply to: a.alxnder

Hi.

For Autodesk 2013 products, use 4.  Editing files in the Webdepot Folder method in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\AdLM\R5\en-US\Webdepot folder instead of C:\Program Files\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\AdLM\R1\en-US\Webdepot folder. It absolutely works.

R1 and R3 works for Autodesk products of previous years.

Greetings from Turkey...

Message 104 of 232
Anonymous
in reply to: Mimarzade

i had the same issue with the blank page. running win7 x64. i did all the steps but the only solution was to register dll files in SYSTEM32 directory.

Message 105 of 232
brian.meek.bm
in reply to: Anonymous

You know what? This is bull. I have an Alienware, I7 processor, top of the line spacecraft for a PC. I am no fool when it comes to fixing programs either, since most of my days are spent hacking and cracking PC games. But when I come across crap like this, I just get pissed. I have the two radio button issue as well and I have tried everything under the sun, all solutions here and across the web, to get the STUDENT version of this software working. I thought maybe I should just buy it, but then I saw the $3, 675 dollar US price tag on it and flipped. If you have a price tag like that on your software, and you have a simple activation issue like this, then this software is a piece of crap to begin with. I had a similar issue with Adobe when it came to installing a version of Photoshop CS5 (that I had paid for) on my new PC. Their customer service told me they could not solve the issue and that I was just plain out of luck.... ... ... I just got done installing the torrent for Photoshop CS6 the other day and it works just fine. So since the company doesnt seem to have any answers, or a patch for this issue, I guess the only option I have left is to call Autodesk and see if they can help with this activation issue... Lets just hope they are more accomidating then Adobe was.... hehehe

Good luck to the rest of you, I have seen this software in action, and I know it is powerful stuff. I just hope that we can all get it working. God help any of you who paid for it and are having this issue...

Message 106 of 232
brianhowes
in reply to: brian.meek.bm

I have tried all of the methods outlined on this page, and I am still not able to get anything other than the 2 'radio buttons':

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=6404339&linkID=9240617

Is there another way to activate the software?   I am running Windows 7 64bit.  This is very frustrating...

Message 107 of 232

Hi brianhowes,

My apologies for any frustration this has caused you.

I can generate the Activation Code for you if on your end you can generate the Request Code. Once you have it please send me a Private Message (click on my joane.bonghanoy profile name and then “Send this user a private message”) with your Serial Number and Request Code. 

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 108 of 232
citemgr
in reply to: joane.bonghanoy

This was an old request that resolved when we upgraded to 2012. Thanks Tim Luke Basepin, Inc. tim.luke@basepin.com 888.418.2224 o 206.947.8398 m www.basepin.com BP_shr_logo
Message 109 of 232
drebusnik

Нет такого пути в реестре!

Message 110 of 232
canitrini

I found the solution that worked for me...

In 3ds max go in "Customize > Preference > Viewports" then click on Choose Driver and choose "Software".

Exit 3ds max and open it again the problem should be fixed. .

Message 111 of 232
mv-jb

I would like you to activate it manually for me too ( i have already tried everything) but how can i get the request code, if i cannot activate the product.

Message 112 of 232
mv-jb
in reply to: canitrini

How can u go IN 3DS max if u cannot activate it?
Message 113 of 232
drebusnik

Проблема решилась так: Удалил Internet Explorer из системы полностью, вновь установил его, включил все возможные плагины и регистация прошла успешно!

Message 114 of 232
cheehou316

Hi, I'm having blank Activation Screen of 2013 3ds max on my computer.

Can anybody help? 

And i already paste <!-- saved from url=(0016)http://localhost --> below all the <html> but cannot save it.
It told me access is denied.
Anyone know what wrong with it?

Message 115 of 232
drebusnik
in reply to: mv-jb

Дружище, попробуйте мой способ, помогает точно!

Message 116 of 232
drebusnik
in reply to: cheehou316

Что касается изменений в системных файлах, Вы должны обладать правами администратора, дальше только настройки доступа, Все просто!
Message 117 of 232
camilo.lemos

Hi cheehou316,

Please try the steps mentioned in this solution.

Thank you,

Camilo Lemos

Message 118 of 232
cheehou316
in reply to: mv-jb

Tried. All the method no use at all.

I had used the fourth method but I can't save it. A pop-up screen shown out "Access is denied"

Message 119 of 232
JarretDD

The fourth method is the one that works, but in order to edit those files and save them you have to change the permissions of the folder first.
Message 120 of 232
VeasnaYIM
in reply to: govy86

I tried all the way you are, but still not working. do you have any way beside this to help me? 

Regards,

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report