Installation & Licensing

govy86
Message 21 of 196 (60,779 Views)

Re: Blank Activation Screen

01-21-2011 05:24 PM in reply to: gmijares

I solved it... here's the REAL problem.

Your computer is blocking activex controls.

The first solution is to go into Internet explorer>Tools>internet options or control panel > internet options.

Under the security tab, choose internet zone. Click custom level, and enable the options pertaining to ActiveX ontrols ans java scripting. Then you SHOULD be able to view the controls that were blocked out in the blank activation screen.

This didn't work for me, but it works for others, so I hear.

The second solution for me was to enter the C:\Program Files\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\AdLM\R1\en-US\Webdepot folder, which is where the registry HTMLs are stored. These are the pages that the blank screen shows on.

Open the RTBeginReg.html in a text editor like notepad. Add the following line of code below the <html> line.

<!-- saved from url=(0016)http://localhost -->

This marks the page as SAFE. Save and you should be able to enter your code and stuff.

Someone above wrote this, I spent hours trying the other ways, this is the only way that works for Windows 7

Here goes... You right click on the RTBeginReg.html icon when you find it in that folder and tick all the permissions, this gives the administrator full control over saving the file in Notepad meaning it can easily be saved and hey presto it will activate.

Hope it solves peoples issues, thanks

joe5790
Message 22 of 196 (60,609 Views)

01-28-2011 09:22 PM in reply to: govy86

ok, i also am having this problem for AutoCad 2011, 3DS Max 2011, and Revit Architecture 2011.

now, going by what you other users are saying, fiddling in the RTBeginReg file works. but im having one small problem that JaretDD failed to elaborate on for those of us who are a little challenged at editing computer files....like me.

so what i would like to know is....where "EXACTLY" do you put the thing he says to add to the file??? all he says is to place it right below the <html> line. does he mean the top one right above the <head> line tabbed over, or below the the <head> line tabbed over, or added to every entry in that file. or at the bottom of the file below the <html> line there???

an even better idea would be for someone who has fixed this problem using this method to upload the file for any other person with the same problem, and same handicap as me, to just download, then replace the file

dejanxp
Message 23 of 196 (60,495 Views)

01-31-2011 03:23 PM in reply to: gmijares

Some pictures to make it clear :smileyhappy:

Edit all HTML files that start with RT.... and enter this line: 

<!-- saved from url=(0016)http://localhost -->

HTML files have the mozilla logo on them or internet explorer logo or opera etc. depending which browser is your default. Mine is mozilla obviously :smileyvery-happy:

ranjeet7
Message 24 of 196 (60,273 Views)

02-02-2011 09:48 AM in reply to: JohannC

I tried both the methods first one didnt work and the second one, I cudnt complete as I cudnt save it. everytime i hit the save button it said the access to the file is denied...

ranjeet7
Message 25 of 196 (60,273 Views)

02-02-2011 09:56 AM in reply to: JohannC

and under miscosoft i cudnt find the internet settings option. i hv accessed that file in past but now there is no such thing...

RandyLyne6259
Message 26 of 196 (59,651 Views)

02-16-2011 09:03 AM in reply to: ranjeet7
I have tried all the suggestions made and my activation screen is still blank. I don't even get 2 radio buttons. i have tried submitting a tech support ticket but have not been contacted yet after a few hours of waiting. Any more ideas? Im going to attempt to reinstall java runtime if i can find a redistributable copy. PS my pc is not connected to the internet.
ranjeet7
Message 27 of 196 (59,609 Views)

02-17-2011 06:37 AM in reply to: govy86

Hey Randy ..Sorry to hear that things didnt work for you...But try this link which i am posting below...It really worked for me as I was frustated for 3 months now...Hope you will get your problem rectified this time...

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=6404339&linkID=9240617

Good Luck

Ranjeet

glats
Message 28 of 196 (59,600 Views)

02-17-2011 07:32 AM in reply to: govy86

i email the Autodesk tech support with the same problem and i recieved the following message

Thank you for contacting Autodesk.
Although our department does not provide technical assistance, we would like to help you in obtaining resolution for your question. We can recommend the following resources for technical support:

the lnks were to resellers and some crap asking if you have subscription ..  which is funny cause you have to subscribe to email their tech support in the first place. the respose inplies you pay £600 per annum for subscription and yet you are not entitled to technical support  !!!

re format and start from scratch ...  none of the others alternatives never worked for me.

RandyLyne6259
Message 29 of 196 (59,590 Views)

02-17-2011 09:37 AM in reply to: glats

ranjeet7 wrote:

Hey Randy ..Sorry to hear that things didnt work for you...But try this link which i am posting below...It really worked for me as I was frustated for 3 months now...Hope you will get your problem rectified this time...

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=6404339&linkID=9240617

Good Luck

Ranjeet

I have been to that link. I have none of the issues described there. my blank screen doesnt even have the 2 radio buttons.

glats wrote:

re format and start from scratch ...  none of the others alternatives never worked for me.

i am really hoping i wont have to format.

Contributor
JarretDD
Message 30 of 196 (59,320 Views)

02-22-2011 10:44 AM in reply to: govy86

Even if you guys don't have the two radio buttons, you should use the procedure described above (or other means) to allow the activex controls that the activation screen uses.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Up & Ready Blog

Boldly Install, Configure and Deploy Autodesk Software.

AutodeskHelp Blog

Your one-stop shop for the latest solutions, breaking news, and behind the scenes access to the world of Autodesk support.

Connect with Us

Twitter

Pinterest

Blog

Youtube