Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blank Activation Screen

231 REPLIES 231
SOLVED
Message 1 of 232
Anonymous
111310 Views, 231 Replies

Blank Activation Screen

In early Dec 2010 I downloaded AutoCAD 2011 (I already had the 2010 version).  When I opened it, a screen appeared with the option to 'TRY' or 'ACTIVATE'.  When I clicked on Activate the next screen appeared but it was blank except for 2 radio buttons without any text attached.  Supposedly, I have to get a request code from that screen to activate but obviously I can't.

Does anyone have any suggestions for this particular problem?

Tags (1)
231 REPLIES 231
Message 2 of 232
jstarnes74
in reply to: Anonymous

I am having the same issue with AutoCad 2011 LT.  I havent been able to get any help on this matter. Please someone Help Us!

Message 3 of 232
DarrenP
in reply to: jstarnes74

try this: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?linkID=9240617&id=6404339&siteID=123112

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 232
JarretDD
in reply to: DarrenP

I've had this problem for the last two days, after my student licence expired.

The steps described in http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=6404339&linkID=9240617 do NOT change anything for me.

Please, this issue needs attention.

Tags (1)
Message 5 of 232
JarretDD

I solved it... here's the REAL problem.

Your computer is blocking activex controls.

The first solution is to go into Internet explorer>Tools>internet options or control panel > internet options.

Under the security tab, choose internet zone. Click custom level, and enable the options pertaining to ActiveX ontrols ans java scripting. Then you SHOULD be able to view the controls that were blocked out in the blank activation screen.

This didn't work for me, but it works for others, so I hear.

The second solution for me was to enter the C:\Program Files\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\AdLM\R1\en-US\Webdepot folder, which is where the registry HTMLs are stored. These are the pages that the blank screen shows on.

Open the RTBeginReg.html in a text editor like notepad. Add the following line of code below the <html> line.

<!-- saved from url=(0016)http://localhost -->

This marks the page as SAFE. Save and you should be able to enter your code and stuff.

Tags (1)
Message 6 of 232
myintaky

wow... great! the second one works, but there's still one problems. when i confirm the activation, i've got some script errors 😕 and it appears all the time whenever i click anything. any advice?

thank you 😉

Message 7 of 232
glats
in reply to: JarretDD

AutoCAD 2011 on Windows XP.. Blank Activation Screen

sorry to trouble you all but neither of those options have worked for me  .. going through Regedit or through ActiveX scripting

any idesa ??

not even through the link to the html's in the registry ...

Message 8 of 232
lastmagnetic
in reply to: glats

hello friend

if system ms vindows sries;

create new admin accont to system => login to admin accont => start activation license maneger 😉

Man Very Happy god bye

Türkiyeden selamlar

Message 9 of 232
JarretDD
in reply to: lastmagnetic

To those still getting the blank screen (and internet opions, registry editing and running as admin doesn't work), I strongly suggest you follow the steps in my last post (regarding the tag added to the HTML document). If the first screen works, but you still get bugged by scripts on other pages, add the tag the other HTMLs in the folder. I didn't have to add it to all of them, only the relevant ones. Be sure to remove Autodesk's tag if there is one.
Message 10 of 232
JohannC

A quick and easy way to fix this not with just AutoCad but if you have the same problem with other pro grams is, open 'run' command, type in 'regedit' go to 'HKEY_CURRENT_USER, Software, Microsoft, Internet Settings, Zones' you will see under Zones are six files each named 'L' '0' '1' '2' '3' '4',  delete the file named 'L', that is the activex problem, you can uninstall it from your PC but these are "parasite" files that stay in the system. Problem solved quick and easySmiley Wink

Message 11 of 232
glats
in reply to: JohannC

Blank Activation Screen ...Endows XP

Thanks for the replies .... And the simplest way to solve the blank screen issue is do what I did. Reformat the hard disk, put on the security and then the software and it worked first time...

One thing i noticed though was my default browser was Chrome and for some reason it wouldn't "allow" the activation screen to connect to the net  ... and yet with Internet Explorer it sailed through

something worth thinking about

Message 12 of 232
IroningMan

Solution for me:

Adding the htmal strings to multiple files (I just kept adding until it worked) and registering online (through a browser and not the product)

Software works fine!

Thanks for the html tips!

Message 13 of 232
frederico_710

hi!

I've done everything that you said, but i'm still dont guet it. it always show the blank screen. man can u help me? please!

Message 14 of 232
JohannC

A quick and easy way to fix this not with just AutoCad but if you have the same problem with other programs, like bitdefender and your windows gadgets, press & hold start button on key board and press 'R' , type in 'regedit' go to 'HKEY_CURRENT_USER, Software, Microsoft, Internet Settings, Zones' you will see under Zones are six files each named 'L' '0' '1' '2' '3' '4',  delete the file named 'L', that is the activex problem, you can uninstall it from your PC but these are "parasite" files that stay in the system. Problem solved quick and easy.

Message 15 of 232
Anonymous

O.k this might sound stupid but I did all the steps you previously said and I tried to edit the html document and it had an access denied window open when I tried to save it.

Message 16 of 232
Anonymous

Is anyone running Autocad on windows 7 or would that make any difference

Message 17 of 232
designer217

thanks, man.  the first one worked for me.

Message 18 of 232

worked for me... thanks alot Smiley Wink

Message 19 of 232
Zed90

Well i tried editing the RTBeginReg file with notepad (see attachment 1). When i tried to save the file i got an error message (see attachment 2). help please.

Message 20 of 232
JarretDD
in reply to: Zed90

Right-click the HTML and make sure you have the permission to edit it. If you are admin, allow the user full control.

And... maybe not have the blank activation screen open when you edit it? That could also help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report