Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Practices for new License file?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
warrenandy
346 Views, 3 Replies

Best Practices for new License file?

We are getting a new Vault Server and that happens to be where our LMTools is located. It has gotten to the point we cannot wait to fold in the extra seats we just bought so I am upgrading our license file now. What is the best procedure for changing out the file when you have users out of the office with checked out licenses? We have so many guys on the road their is no way to get them all in at the same time to do it either...

Andrew Warren
Manager, Engineering Services Support
Bridgestone Americas Tire Operations
warrenandy@bfusa.com
andywarrenbc@outlook.com
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: warrenandy

They will simply just have to let their borrowed licenses expire.  They will not be able to return them to the pool once you have changed the LIC file.  Worst case, they can remove the borrowed license from the registry and re-borrow the license from the new server.  It's not the end of the world.  Smiley Wink

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 4
warrenandy
in reply to: TravisNave

Thank you for all of your help Travis this is what I was hoping...

Thank you for looking at my License Files as well!

Andrew Warren
Manager, Engineering Services Support
Bridgestone Americas Tire Operations
warrenandy@bfusa.com
andywarrenbc@outlook.com
Message 4 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: warrenandy

No problem.  You should be good to go!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report