Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Practice deployments from Building Design Suite Ultimate.

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
mdhutchinson
321 Views, 1 Reply

Best Practice deployments from Building Design Suite Ultimate.

Let's say I wish to install AutoCAD MEP, Revit MEP, Navisworks Manage on the vast majority of computers.

What is recommended best practice?

Under a single network folder... is it best to create a SINGLE deployment that will install all three at once?  < or >

Under a single network folder... is it better to create THREE separate deployments, one for each?

or should these be three separate network folders AND three separate deployments?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
emily.xu
in reply to: mdhutchinson

If all your clients will install all of the products you mentioned, then you can create one single deployment which including all the three products,so the clients can finish the installation in one time.But the disadvantage is if something wrong with the deployment, no any product can be installed and you need to recreate the whole deployment.

If the clients maybe just install only one or two products, then I recommend you to create separate deployment in separate network folders, so the clients can choose which one to install. And also,these deployments are individual, if anything wrong with some one, you do not need to recreate all the three deployments, just the problematic one.

Anyway,I do not recommend you create three separate deployements in a single folder, for there maybe some unexpected problems.

Here is the best practices when creating deployment, FYI.

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Emily Xu
Product Support

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report