Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3
badal38257
436 Views, 2 Replies

Bad hard drive

i have installed 2011 (a couple weels ago) and it works fine. except that my hard drive decided to crap out on me last week.  i can log on for now but it is very shaky.  what do i need to do to save my profile, cui, toolbars, etc. to make the new installation on my new computer go as smooth as possible?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
oom1984
in reply to: badal38257

I know with Autocad 2011 Mechanical in the install shortcut location (start button, autodesk, autocad mechanical 2011, migrate custom settings, export 2011 settings) will take most of the settings and zip them up into a location for later importation into a new install.

It grabs fonts, cui, pgp, etc. It may be just what you're looking for.

Message 3 of 3
rezoloot
in reply to: badal38257

you could transport your settings to a new user, windows has the correct way, its fairly simple, then with both users there with the same settings, get a good disk checker, I use acrons disk director, last thing you want to do is lose a drive and all on it and hard drive rescues cost a fortune, also back your drive up, I mean the entire drive and keep it up to date daily, thats a fairly cheap way these days and it really is a god send, Ive lost lts of work in the past and would've pulled my hair out if I had any so resorted to getting drunk haha

Hope it helps you

this is basically a way to save a perfectly good drive with probably a few bad sectors, the answer above will save your settings but I was thinking about saving the lot

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report