Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BSDP defaults why no MEP?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Joe-Bouza
503 Views, 8 Replies

BSDP defaults why no MEP?

why are almost 50% of the suite components not selected bt default? No MEP- what sense is that

Thank you

Joseph D. Bouza, P.E. (one of 'THOSE' People)

HP Z210 Workstation
Intel Xeon CPU E31240 @ 3.30 Hz
12 GB Ram

Note: Its all Resistentialism, so keep calm and carry on

64 Bit Win10 OS
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
byron.morales
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

Hello Joe,

I apologize for the inconvenience this is causing you. By default all items in the Suite are selected to install, unless they are already installed on the computer.

Is the same issue happenning on other computers as well?

Byron M.
Installation and Licensing
Message 3 of 9
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: byron.morales

Hello Byron,
In creating the deployment? I dont get it. but that is also very interesting because Although the workstation I was creating the deployment on has IDSP, MEP 2014 was not on the computer but autcad 2014 was and it was checked

But aside from that do I understand correctly that full deployments of suites will automatically not try to install duplicate components? I ask because another post I made said that would cause an error?

ConfictOfComponents

Thank you

HP Z210 Workstation
12 GB Ram

64 Bit Win10 OS
Message 4 of 9
asburyj
in reply to: byron.morales

If a suite installer detects a paticular version of a product is already installed it will bypass that install. In a deployment it will simply skip installing that product and move on to the next. If you are installing directly from a USB or Download on the configuration screen you will see a blue tab indicating the product is installed already and you will not be able to select it in the list of products to install. . 

Jeffry Asbury
Message 5 of 9
dgorsman
in reply to: asburyj

When installing or installing via an already created deployment that makes sense.  Would it be un-flagging those products while the deployment is being created if they are installed on the computer being used to create a deployment?

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 6 of 9
asburyj
in reply to: dgorsman

When creating a deployment, the products intalled on your client system don't having any bearing on what you can select. You should be able to check every item in the suite at the time of deployment creation. However, if your deployment was already created you cannot add additional products by modifying it, you can only remove or change products in this way. If you wanted to add aditional products that weren't selected in the initial deployment creation you would need to recreate the deployment. 

Jeffry Asbury
Message 7 of 9
Joe-Bouza

Hi Jeffery

Thats why I'm puzzled. Its not a modified deployment - when I run setup (for the first time) not all the products in the suite are checked.
Thank you

HP Z210 Workstation
12 GB Ram

64 Bit Win10 OS
Message 8 of 9
asburyj
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

Not all products in the suite install are checked "on" by default. Only the most commonly installed ones. Are you having any difficulty selecting the set of products you wish you install?

Jeffry Asbury
Message 9 of 9
Joe-Bouza

Ok - I buy that, but I would expect MEP to be one of the most commonly selected products to be installed in the "Building Design Suite Premium", no?

I am not having a problem selecting any product to include in the deployment. However, I redid my deployment from yesterday selecting all products and to not be "silent" install and left everyting else set to the defaults. BDSP installed on my workstation without problem.

next step: I created another deployment using the default deployment as a template. The onlything I did was modify the autacad search paths for our system.

next step: I uninstalled BDSP from my work station using the uninstall utility provided in the autodesk program group. Everthing uninstalled except sketchup, but after highlighting again it uninstalled.

last step: Install BDSP on my work station with the modified deployment. Its been hung up on 9 of 21 "Recap" since around 12:00 EST. I'm being patient though and I'll give it all day and night before bailing out
Thank you

HP Z210 Workstation
12 GB Ram

64 Bit Win10 OS

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report