Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BDS Ultimate Network merged with BDS Premium Network in one lic file...

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
rhoel
288 Views, 4 Replies

BDS Ultimate Network merged with BDS Premium Network in one lic file...

Hi Guys,

I do believe that these 2 products are considered different so merging them in one lic file is possible is it? If not please do tell me...thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
joane.bonghanoy
in reply to: rhoel

Hi rhoel,

In this case, as you have 2 different Products it means you have 2 different Serial Numbers.

Note that License file is associated to its Serial Number. So if you have 2 Products with 2 Serial Numbers, then you cannot combine the License Files. For more details click here for our Registration and Activation assistance: http://autode.sk/N6N4io.

Sorry for the misinformation rhoel / thanks for stepping in Travis and Darren.

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 3 of 5
rhoel
in reply to: joane.bonghanoy

really?

how come i've been combining different products with different serial nubmers in lic files and they are working? as far as i know, simillar products with different contracts are the ones you cannot just merge in one lic file,  you have to merge contracts and then that is the only time you can make them merge in a single lic file. for different products...i believe you can always put them together in one lic file... but correct me if i'm wrong please...

Message 4 of 5
TravisNave
in reply to: rhoel

Yes, you can combine them without any problems.  Because there is inter-product cross-over between the suites, you will want to make sure that your licenses are generated on the same date before combining.  This will allow the LMTOOLS to properly administer the total amount of seats and cascade properly.  See my Combining License File link below.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Combining-License-Files-for-Subscription-and-No...

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 5
DarrenP
in reply to: joane.bonghanoy

Note that License file is associated to its Serial Number. So if you have 2 Products with 2 Serial Numbers, then you cannot combine the License Files. For more details click here for our Registration and Activation assistance: http://autode.sk/N6N4io.

i have never heard of this

i do this all the time

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report