Installation & Licensing

*Expert Elite*
LisaDrago
Message 1 of 5 (269 Views)

BDS Ultimate AutoCAD MEP 2013 instillation failure

269 Views, 4 Replies
01-15-2013 04:25 PM

Hello - I have been trying to install AutoCAD MEP 2013 and cannot get it to work - I will post the log file.

Any ideas???

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
You can't think AutoCAD and run Revit.
Email: LisaDragoEE@gmail.com
Product Support
emily.xu
Message 2 of 5 (250 Views)

Re: BDS Ultimate AutoCAD MEP 2013 instillation failure

01-16-2013 09:27 PM in reply to: LisaDrago

Try this solution.

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Emily Xu
*Expert Elite*
TravisNave
Message 3 of 5 (238 Views)

01-17-2013 08:13 AM in reply to: LisaDrago

I have noticed a lot of the AutoCAD vertical failures have to do with the fact that other flavors of AutoCAD are already installed.  Since many of them apparently install into the native \AutoCAD 2013\ folder, subsequent installs fail.  I noticed this when trying to install Mechanical 2013 when AutoCAD 2013 was already installed.  It failed.  When I removed AutoCAD 2013, it installed.  So see if you have any other verticals installed first and go from there.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                       Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave
*Expert Elite*
LisaDrago
Message 4 of 5 (228 Views)

01-17-2013 01:04 PM in reply to: TravisNave

I tried unloading the service pack and it still did not install - I can try removing autocad 2013 to see if it will work...

but then I am thinking 2014 should be out shortly - is it worth the trouble?

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
You can't think AutoCAD and run Revit.
Email: LisaDragoEE@gmail.com
*Expert Elite*
TravisNave
Message 5 of 5 (224 Views)

01-17-2013 02:04 PM in reply to: LisaDrago

I hear ya.  I literally just had a user rename their existing AutoCAD 2013 folder to something else and it installed.  Might be worth a shot.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                       Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Up & Ready Blog

Boldly Install, Configure and Deploy Autodesk Software.

AutodeskHelp Blog

Your one-stop shop for the latest solutions, breaking news, and behind the scenes access to the world of Autodesk support.

Connect with Us

Twitter

Pinterest

Blog

Youtube