Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk software crash and error

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
.Ell.
518 Views, 2 Replies

Autodesk software crash and error

Hi!

Everything worked fine till last month I tried to install 3D s Max 2012. The installation worked, but when I double-clicked the icon, nothing happened. So I let it be for a few weeks and then tried re-installing the product. During the installation Windows Explorer (start-menu etc) is closed, however, after the installation instead of re-opening explorer it stayed closed. So I had to open in manually (Task Manager). Then some weird stuff happened, I got a couple of BSOD's while working with AutoCAD. I got rid of the BSOD's by now, but... AutoCAD still gives errors. I uninstalled all my autodesk products and re-installed only AutoCAD (version 2010). Errors kept coming, and some files won't even open without erroring.

One other tricky thing is that sometimes when I want to log-in to autodesk... nothing happens. I log in, it says 'logging in' and then it returns to the log-in screen like I never even tried to log in :S

I chatted with someone from Autodesk (you know, on the support page) and he helped me with the log-in problem and said I should post here about my technical problems.

Problems: errors, and I don't know if it's possible to keep re-installing the newest Autodes-products if all I have is a student license?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
TravisNave
in reply to: .Ell.

Often times these errors are caused by problems in your Microsoft .NET Framework.  However, BSOD errors could be a result of faulty memory.  Do you have the BSOD stop error code?

.NET Framework issues can be resolved using the .NET Framework Cleanup Tool. More information about this tool can be found at my discussion thread here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/NET-Framework-Cleanup-Tool-for-Unhandled-Except...

Good Luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 3
.Ell.
in reply to: .Ell.

It didn't work... It still gives an error (though, the error came later, I succeeded in opening the file without errors, so.. I'm making progress?). Do you have any other ideas? I'm getting... depressed, desperate,... I'm an architecture student and I need my Autodesk products XD

Also weird stuff is going on with my AutoCAD 2010 (I installed it with a friends license because I couldn't log in with my ID at that time). I downloaded a student version but... now it seems to be a full version, wich needs a product key? Like... 'wtf' are the only words that I can think right now.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report