Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk on Windows 8.1 - Troubles

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
neoox
8683 Views, 9 Replies

Autodesk on Windows 8.1 - Troubles

Windows 8.1 is finally released for MSDN and TechNet subscriptions, so I wanna test Autodesk products which I normally use at study. Autocad Mechanical 2014 (x64) is working very well, but there is a problem with Inventor 2014 (x64) and 3ds Max 2014 (x64). After installing Inventor, when I try to run I am getting error (0xc0000142) and nothing happened. At installation of 3ds Max the installation program freezes at 6 of 11 (3ds Max SP2) and nothing happen for many hours and finally crash. I am waiting for fix.
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
dembkod
in reply to: neoox

neoox,

Hello. I have not seen 8.1 yet. I would probably try to treat the programs as though they were on just 8 and do the standard troubleshooting.

-         Uninstall and reinstall

-         Update your graphics card drivers

-        Check the Windows Event logs for specific module failings

-        Turn off Antivirus

-        Check the install log to see if you are failing on C++ or NET. If so, uninstall them first.

Thank you for taking part in our community!

David Dembkoski
Message 3 of 10
neoox

The same problem is on 3 different machines (netbook MSI Wind U270 AMD E-450 with HD6310, PC based on MSI motherboard AMD A8-3850 with HD6550, and notebook Asus i3 with GT310M). I try everything what You wrotten (standard troubleshooting) before I wrote on this forum. I googled that the same problem was in 8.1 preview so I am thinking that is incompability problem with 8.1 not with bad installation process or bad machine. I am waiting for solution. Thank You for Your reply.

Message 4 of 10
neoox

I download again Inventor 2014 and 3Ds Max 2014. This time 3Ds Max installed succesffully. With Inventor the same problem like the last time.

Message 5 of 10
CaglarAydin

I installed autodesk Vasari and building design suite on Windows 8.1 RTM(Build 9600) and working flawlessly so far. In the beginning, I had problem installing C++ libraries; however, after doing a little arrangement on registry keys it works smoothly!

Message 6 of 10
jeremy_a_perkins

I had Inventor 2014 on my computer. First it kept crashing my file explorer in windows 8.1. Then I read some forums and uninstalled it and everything worked great with 8.1. Then I reinstalled and tried to install the service pack. It failed 4 times, even after I tried to troubleshoot the 1328 installation problem. Had more problems, and finally I have given up. I uninstalled again and now have to use an old win7 laptop instead of my new desktop. Not happy here...

Message 7 of 10
michael-1.schmid

I have a problem with Inventor on Windows 8.1 x64, too.

During installation process it freezes. It's when it's installing Inventor 2014.

I cancelled the installation process bur if I wanted to reinstall the programme manager said it's installed.

But I'm not able to run the programme.

To install it again I need to manually clear my system and the regedit entries.

Someone can help?

Message 8 of 10

Found a solution for my problem after 12 hours on the edge of desperation!

If you get the same problem during installation process you just have to kill all other automatically started Autodesk programmes and services (mitsijm2014). I'm not sure if the last one I closed was the problem so just kill evry process.

Hope this will help.

Message 9 of 10
pg21459
in reply to: michael-1.schmid

Im running windows 8.1 and i have the exact same issu with Inventor 2014.
- My laptop meets the system requirements.

- Everything is up to date.
- I disabled my antivirus software.
- Every other program, exept the instaler, are closed.

- I have no other autodesk task runing.

But even with all of these precautions the instaler stops a step 12 of 17...

I am at my wits end
please help :'(

Message 10 of 10
michael-1.schmid
in reply to: pg21459

Some applications will start during installation process. When it freezes you need to kill them.

(i.e. Autodesk 360)

So maybe you can solve your problem by pressing [Shift] + [Ctrl] + [Esc] and close all Autodesk applications. Not Akami Net Session Client if you're installing software over internet connection. Don't know what will happen to the connection to the Autodesk servers if you kill it... If install process won't get in progress again head over to Services Tab and find mitsijm2014.dll. Stop it.

Hope this will help. Please tell, which process you had to close if it works for you, too.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report