Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk alias design & surface

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
serraandrea
1456 Views, 7 Replies

Autodesk alias design & surface

After the installation of Autodesk alias design, i'm not able to open the application, a message "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000142). Click ok to close the application" appear. My Computer is a Windows 7 ultimate x 64 based. I have verified that net framework is installed an work properly (netfx setup verifier tested) both version 2 sp2, 3.5 sp1  and 4.

Could you give me some suggestion?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
TravisNave
in reply to: serraandrea

Login an another user profile with local adming rights and UAC disabled and see if you have the same issue.  It could be a Windows profile issue.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 8
serraandrea
in reply to: TravisNave

Thank you very much for your answers TravisNave, i've tried to install to a new user profile with admin right and uac disabled, but i had the same issues. Same issues after trying to uninstall and reinstall .net framework 4 in the original user. It Is working creating a virtual machine with vmware 8 windows 8 consumer preview x64 where there are small problem with vmware graphic card. So i think it is better to use the hardware of my computer that is medium-high level.

Are there other tentative to do without reinstalling everithing?

Message 4 of 8
TravisNave

Not really.  Windows 8 isn't supported for this application so you shouldn't expect a high likelihood of this working.  Good luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 8
serraandrea
in reply to: TravisNave

My i make the last tentative using .NET Framework Cleanup tool or is risky?

Message 6 of 8
TravisNave

No, not for Windows 8 since .NET is built-into the OS.  It will not work in the fashion that you think.  To bypass it, you will have to modify the setup.ini file to remove the prerequisite check for .NET Framework.  I have posted a solution to this if you care to do a search.  I do not promote it though, since it is unsupported. 

Autodesk Forums:
Message 7 of 8
nickel5nic

Will the autdesk alias automotive design program coorporate with the new windows 8 that's coming out? Because I've heard that the autocad isn't cooporative with windows 8

Message 8 of 8
TravisNave
in reply to: nickel5nic

Nothing is supported for Windows 8 yet because it hasn't be released.  Likely Autodesk 2014 products will be.  It's possible that some 2013 products will be certified on it, but that is of no concern at the moment. 

Autodesk Forums:

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report