Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk Support is a Joke

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
trigonsnacks
968 Views, 6 Replies

Autodesk Support is a Joke

I have a copy of Autosketch 9 installed and recently upgraded to Win 7 on my PC, so reloaded the Autodesk software, but the annoying window keeps poping telling me to register. In the end I phoned Autodesk and tried to register again, this took forever, and although I now have an email telling my I don't need to register that annoying window still won't go away no matter what button I press. I then tried to get support, registered in th portal, tried to raise a support question because you can't reply to Autodesk emails and they now use this forum to save them having to support customers. Waiting for the Salesforce.com website to open about 20 minutes and counting, this was the link from the autodesk website. Autodesk are crap at customer service in fact do they now what it means. Can anyone suggest alternative to me as I am binning ASk9 on principle

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
TravisNave
in reply to: trigonsnacks

Autosketch 9 is not supported on Windows 7.  Furthermore, product support is generally something that you have a contract with thru your Reseller or Subscription account.  I urge you to read the rules about posting inflammatory comments on the forum before making such statements.  This is a peer support forum of your colleagues who volunteer their time to assist the community.  Thank you.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 7
pendean

You need to downgrade back to XP, or visit Microsoft's website and explore the topic of running old software in your exact Win7 version. You need to be logged in as full admin in Windows.

Also try the Autosketch forum for peer support for your package: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoSketch/bd-p/107

Remember, Win7 is not supported no matter what.

Message 4 of 7
trigonsnacks
in reply to: TravisNave

GURU.

You obviously didn't read my post, at no time did I criticise the forum, only Autodesk support, which if you try it you will find out how to run around the houses. Hanging on the phone, and then being pointed to the forum is not my idea of support. Autodesk have followed the business plan of many software suppliers, that is to use the vast army of well meaning users to answer queries, some of whom may have had the same problem some may not. This is not what I call support!

Message 5 of 7
trigonsnacks
in reply to: pendean

Many Thanks for your help

I also asked support for an up-grade path for A9, still waiting....

Tags (1)
Message 6 of 7
camilo.lemos

Hi trigonsnacks,

AutoSketch 9 can be upgraded to AutoSketch 10 . AutoSketch 10 is the last available version and there is not a upgrade path after that.

Regards,

Camilo Lemos

Message 7 of 7
TravisNave

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report