Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk Simulation Silent Install

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
tedwar28
384 Views, 10 Replies

Autodesk Simulation Silent Install

Does anyone know how to do a silent install of Autodesk Simulation with a network license?  I can run the main .msi silently, but it defaults to a stand-alone license.  I've looked in the registry, and cannot find out to change it to a network license.

Travis

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
TravisNave
in reply to: tedwar28

Have you tried creating a network deployment and choosing silent mode? 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 11
tedwar28

Thanks for the quick reply.  I have not done that.  My colleague mentioned he did that for the install of AutoCAD 2010, but said the method he used for that software didn't work for Algor Simulation.  How do you create a network deployment?

Thanks again.

Message 4 of 11
TravisNave

Which version are you using? 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 11
tedwar28
in reply to: TravisNave

I'm using Professional 2010.  I know there is usually a "Create Deployments" button after running the Setup.exe, but there doesn't seem to be one on this version.

Message 6 of 11
TravisNave

It may in fact not be there. I can't find a copy of Algor 2010 in my office for the life of me to verify.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 7 of 11
tedwar28

Are there any switches from the command line that might start this functionality?  The first thing I tried was running "Setup.exe /?", but it ran the set up like normal anyway.  I assumed this meant there wasn't any command line functionality built-in, but I keep hoping I'm wrong and just have to find the right switches.

Message 8 of 11
TravisNave

I can't say for sure, since I can't find a copy.  But I would suspect you can't.  When installing from the setup manually, it always will default as stand-alone. 

Autodesk Forums:
Message 9 of 11
tedwar28

I was afraid of that.  I am messing around with the settings in the setup.ini hoping to find something, but no luck yet.

Message 10 of 11
tedwar28

Actually, right after I posted that I changed SETUP_TYPE from the value of 13, to 3 (trying different numbers from 1-13) and it now shows the "Create Deployments" link.  I'll give it a shot and hope it works.  Thanks for your help.

Message 11 of 11
TravisNave

Well done!  Definitely post your results!

Autodesk Forums:

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report