Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk Simulation CFD Licence problems

25 REPLIES 25
SOLVED
Message 1 of 26
ucesjlo
8388 Views, 25 Replies

Autodesk Simulation CFD Licence problems

Hello,

I recently downloaded the 2013 Autodesk Simulation CFD for Windows 64-bit student version.

I succesfully installed it, but when I try to run the software for the first time, an error message appears telling me: "Cannot initialize license manager: ADLM: startup failed"

I try to activate my product online but the form aks me for the "Activation code" which I don't have and I cannot get it as the help section suggests. So I cannot generate the licence file.

I currently have installed Autodesk Inventor 2013 for Windows 64-bit student version and it works properly.

25 REPLIES 25
Message 2 of 26
pritek
in reply to: ucesjlo

Same problem, still waiting for the answer from the helpdesk.

Message 3 of 26
pritek

Problem solved, you need to edit the locale in regedit, then works. (it only works with "en-US" value)

http://forums.autodesk.com/autodesk/attachments/autodesk/24/45250/1/registry.jpg

Message 4 of 26

1.000.000 Thanks for this lovely solution. you will not belive how huch i have bustet my brains for this.

Message 5 of 26
pritek
in reply to: 131504

Your welcome 😄

Message 6 of 26
muhammednoor
in reply to: pritek

do you any idea for this problem?

I try to activate my product online but the form aks me for the "Activation code" which I don't have and I cannot get it as the help section suggests. So I cannot generate the licence file.- how to solve this problem?

Message 7 of 26

Hi muhammednoor:

In order to generate an activation code you will need the request code that is displayed on your monitor after you begin the activation procedure. Following are the steps to retrieve the request code:

1. Run the program

2. Pull down menu 'Help'

3. Click on 'About'

4. Click the Production Information button at the right hand corner

5. Click on the Activate button

6. On this page you will be able to view Product, Serial Number and Request Code 

Should you encounter any further issue, you may contact our Registration and Activation Team through this link:http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/pc/item?id=18424632&siteID=123112

Have a nice day!

Arlin Bibat
Message 8 of 26

I've got the same problem, but on the website I can't register my product. After the serial no. it jumps to the request code page... So I can' give my details... What can I do in this situation? Many thanks

Message 9 of 26
s.wrona

Hi. I've got the one problem with Autodesk Simulation CFD 2014. My license patch can't started and I think I don't activate its. This screens shows what it is a problem. Please, sombody help me with this.
Message 11 of 26
sml.samu15
in reply to: s.wrona

I've got the same problem too with CFD 2015 ?

Message 12 of 26
s3191086
in reply to: s.wrona

I am having this exact issue in CFD Simulation 2015 Student. Very frustrating.

Message 13 of 26
jamiefoxlee
in reply to: s3191086

hi i am facing the same issues at the moment, have you found a solution yet?

Message 14 of 26
s3191086
in reply to: jamiefoxlee

Actually yes I did. I believe my solution was to simply install it as stand-alone instead of using any network licensing or something similar. Try that out and see how you go. If you can't get it to work just post again and I'll dig deeper into what I did 🙂
Message 15 of 26
jamiefoxlee
in reply to: s3191086

thanks i got it!

Message 16 of 26
HadeelFaleh
in reply to: pritek

I did the same what you said.. but the same problem still exist 

Message 17 of 26
muratercan
in reply to: HadeelFaleh

I am facing this problem now in CFD2016 Student and I need a solution urgently, if you offer something to solve this problem I will be very happy

Message 18 of 26
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: muratercan

@muratercan

Welcome to the community..

There seems to be a couple of issues that users are face with..

So

@muratercan wrote:

I am facing this problem now in CFD2016 Student and I need a solution urgently,

What problem are you faced with?  Details would be beneficially and not just say I have the same problem..   Smiley Wink

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 19 of 26
muratercan
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

Hi,

You are right 🙂 I faced licencing problem in CFD 2016 Student and this problem occured after installation the program and I got same error message like above . I hope that we can overcome this problem.

Thank you for your interest

Message 20 of 26
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: muratercan

@muratercan

@muratercan wrote:

Hi,

I got same error message like above .

So I'm suppose to go through every link in this posting to see which error message you're referring to and then assume I pick the correct one.  If you want assistance then just provide the actual information in your posting.  

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report