Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk Simulation CFD 2013 - Can we install the app in the share?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
sureshdamotharan
304 Views, 3 Replies

Autodesk Simulation CFD 2013 - Can we install the app in the share?

We need to access the Autodesk Simulation CD 2013 from a shared drive \\xxx\yyy\Autodesk\SimulationCFD2013

The install do not recognize the \\xxx\yyy\Autodesk and mapping of \\xxx\yyy\Autodesk to any drive say x:\

Can the application be accessed via the shared drive?

Approach made:-

1. Installed in a local machine and copied the binaries to \\xxx\yyy\Autodesk\SimulationCFD2013

2. when try to access got error for registry value - resolved it

3. Then issue with the material property (C:\Program Data) - resolved it

4. Finally struck with the License issue.

Pl help.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

You cannot install the application to a share.  Even if this would work, it would violate the license agreement. 

If you simply need to access installation methods, then you need to create a deployment, which is designed to be accessed and installed from a network share.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 4

If you simply need to access installation methods, then you need to create a deployment, which is designed to be accessed and installed from a network share.

In this case if I am creating a deployment I am still going to have the application binaries in the local machine which is equivalent to having the application installed in the local machine directly

I see that the deployment in the shared is good for users directly installing the application without the intervention of admin.

but my requirement is to have the app binaries in the network share so that we can access the application from a common location.

Message 4 of 4

You cannot do this.  It is a violation of the EULA.  The application is not meant to run installed on a network share and accessed by multiple users. Even if you could get it to work it would constitute a license violation. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report