Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk Quantity takeoff 2012 - "Can't find End User License Agreement"?

17 REPLIES 17
SOLVED
Message 1 of 18
fuglsang1000
11990 Views, 17 Replies

Autodesk Quantity takeoff 2012 - "Can't find End User License Agreement"?

I have downloaded Autodesk Quantity Takeoff 2012 from students.autodesk.com (and have also tried to download from usa.autodesk.com), but when i open setup.exe and choses install i get the message:

"Can't find End User License Agreement"

And the installation program closes down. Why cant i install?

I have tried the following - suggested by Derrick from autodesk support center:

"If this happens when you download and try to install the software from the Education Community this means there is a problem with the installation file, and it will not work on your computer.

To resolve this issue, please do the following:

1.     Delete the file you downloaded.

2.     Next go to Start> Accessories> System Tools> Disc Cleanup and run that utility to clear your temp files, etc.

3.     Reboot your machine.

4.     Turn off your security software - anti-virus programs, firewalls, etc. can block downloads.

5.     Go to your country's main Autodesk website and download the trial version of the software*.

6.     Install the product.

7.     Re-enable your security software.

8.     Get your product key and serial number from the page you downloaded from.

9.      Launch the product you are trying to activate.

10.   A splash screen should come up with two buttons.

11.   Click on the one labeled “Activate” and follow the prompts.

*The trial version is the same as the commercial, free student, and purchased education version; the only difference is that it lacks a serial number. The only difference between the commercial, free, and purchased educational versions is their serial numbers.

What to do?

- Thanks

17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18

copy "all other countries.rtf" file from the folder named EULA2 to EULA in the installation directory.

If you have a DVD you will need to copy the content to local hard disk before you do this.

please post the result.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!
For more tips & tricks: http://upandready.typepad.com

Hashim Mundol
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 18
m9905101
in reply to: hashim.mundol

I also have same problem, i already followed the step which was posted on top trying to solve, but it's failed

i have no DVD, I download Quantity Takeoff from Autodesk Education Community

Can i find installation directory on the this website?

Thanks for repling

Message 4 of 18
hashim.mundol
in reply to: m9905101

If you have downloaded the installation files are in c:\autodesk

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!

Hashim Mundol
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 18
m9905101

i already copied the file "all other countries.rtf" file from the folder named EULA2 to EULA

still got a same result "Can't find End License Agreement"

enclosed error message 

thanks for repling

Message 6 of 18
hashim.mundol
in reply to: m9905101

If you change the country in the license agreement does it work,

May I know which country you are selecting (selected by default)

thanks

Hashim Mundol
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 7 of 18
bh45
in reply to: fuglsang1000

is it not because it Can't find the united kingdom End User License Agreement?

Message 8 of 18
hashim.mundol
in reply to: bh45

it should take "All Other Countries" file.

Hashim Mundol
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 9 of 18

It worked!

I did what you described, and the program is install without any problems..

Thanks a lot!

Message 10 of 18
AntoniaDD

Hi

I have followed your advice. I have copied "all other countries.rtf" file from the folder named EULA2 to EULA in the installation directory.  And it worked.

Thank you so much.

Antonia Del Debbio

Message 11 of 18
thomas.workman
in reply to: AntoniaDD

copying the all other countries rft folder worked for me tto, cheers

Message 12 of 18
jmc9
in reply to: fuglsang1000

I actually bought the Building Design Premium, meaning that the product was physically sent to me from Autodesk and I am getting the same error. However, my situation is a little different. There is no EULA2 folder, just an EULA folder. The EULA folder does contain the 'all other countries'. Any other solutions?

Message 13 of 18
hashim.mundol
in reply to: jmc9

Please try to copy the EULA folder to EULA2 folder. (media has to be copied to the local disk first)

Hashim Mundol
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 14 of 18
jmc9
in reply to: thomas.workman

Unfortunately both options did not work. There is no original Eula2 folder, so I created one and pasted all the contents from the Eula inside. It still did not work. Could it be the system that I am running? I am above the system minimum. This is what I am running.

AMD Phenom II X4 960T Processor 3.00 GHz

16 GB ram

64-bit Operating Syste

Message 15 of 18

nice

but istalling hasn't continued

Message 16 of 18

Thanks a lot has helped me a lot

Message 17 of 18

I found the solution in the installation folder is the "eula" folder inside the file "AdskLicense" find your country copy the data and creates a text file. "txt" in my case was "English.txt" and copy it to the same folder "eula" where are the data installation.

Greetings from Colombia!

Español: encontre la solucion, en la carpeta de instalacion esta la carpeta "eula" dentro esta el archivo "AdskLicense" busca tu pais copia los datos y crea un archivo de texto ".txt" en mi caso fue "English.txt" y copialo a la misma carpeta "eula" donde estan los datos de instalacion.

Saludos desde Colombia!!

Message 18 of 18
moh_elg2000
in reply to: AntoniaDD

thans for all copy the files from eula2 to eula solve the problem

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report