I have downloaded Autodesk Quantity Takeoff 2012 from students.autodesk.com (and have also tried to download from usa.autodesk.com), but when i open setup.exe and choses install i get the message:
"Can't find End User License Agreement"
And the installation program closes down. Why cant i install?
I have tried the following - suggested by Derrick from autodesk support center:
"If this happens when you download and try to install the software from the Education Community this means there is a problem with the installation file, and it will not work on your computer.
To resolve this issue, please do the following:
1. Delete the file you downloaded.
2. Next go to Start> Accessories> System Tools> Disc Cleanup and run that utility to clear your temp files, etc.
3. Reboot your machine.
4. Turn off your security software - anti-virus programs, firewalls, etc. can block downloads.
5. Go to your country's main Autodesk website and download the trial version of the software*.
6. Install the product.
7. Re-enable your security software.
8. Get your product key and serial number from the page you downloaded from.
9. Launch the product you are trying to activate.
10. A splash screen should come up with two buttons.
11. Click on the one labeled “Activate” and follow the prompts.
*The trial version is the same as the commercial, free student, and purchased education version; the only difference is that it lacks a serial number. The only difference between the commercial, free, and purchased educational versions is their serial numbers.
What to do?
Solved! Go to Solution.
copy "all other countries.rtf" file from the folder named EULA2 to EULA in the installation directory.
If you have a DVD you will need to copy the content to local hard disk before you do this.
please post the result.
I also have same problem, i already followed the step which was posted on top trying to solve, but it's failed
i have no DVD, I download Quantity Takeoff from Autodesk Education Community
Can i find installation directory on the this website?
Thanks for repling
If you have downloaded the installation files are in c:\autodesk
i already copied the file "all other countries.rtf" file from the folder named EULA2 to EULA
still got a same result "Can't find End License Agreement"
enclosed error message
thanks for repling
If you change the country in the license agreement does it work,
May I know which country you are selecting (selected by default)
it should take "All Other Countries" file.
I have followed your advice. I have copied "all other countries.rtf" file from the folder named EULA2 to EULA in the installation directory. And it worked.
Thank you so much.
Antonia Del Debbio
Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register
Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.
|Installation & Licensing|