Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk Product Design 2012 suit won't install

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
458 Views, 2 Replies

Autodesk Product Design 2012 suit won't install

A severe Joburg electric storm hit closee to my house and damaged my computer. The only damage was to Inventor software I was working on.(I was busy trying to close down when it hit) I removed inventor as reinstalling did not correct. I then tried to reinstall as mechanical and other programmes in the package were not affected, but it would not install. contacted Autodesk agent I purchased the programme and was advised to remove Design suit and reinstall. I carefully removed everything and tried to reinstall to no avail. I reinstalled windows 7 also to no avail as the entire programme fails after pressing the install buttion after abot 10 seconds. The attach shows what comes up on the screen. A similar instance happened about five months ago and ultimately I had to knock everything off the computer, format the HD and reinstall. Will I have to do the same?

Regards

Greville wood

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
philip.s
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Greville,

Our clean uninstall process typically wipes out all product remnants, however it is sometimes necessary to use a 3rd party application such as the Microsoft Clean-Up Utility.

Please give that a go and let us know if it resolves your issue. If it doesn't, please post your installation log here for additional troubleshooting support.

Message 3 of 3
emily.xu
in reply to: Anonymous

Sorry for your installation failure. As I can see there is a failed with Autodesk Design Review in your image, I think maybe the installation stopped here, so my suggestion is try to just select one product from the suite to install, such as just select Autodesk Inventor 2012 and clear all the other product, if you can succeed. 
Also,please click the link "installation log file" on the image, and send me the log file to check.

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Emily Xu
Product Support

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report