Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk Network License Manager IPv4 to IPv6

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
murphy.tim
654 Views, 3 Replies

Autodesk Network License Manager IPv4 to IPv6

I have a running version of the Autodesk Network License Manager from the Maya 2012 64Bit installer. On Windows Server 2008 R2.

However I need to move to support for IPv6. I have downloaded the installer from here and followed the readme file, but when I try to reread the license file it fails.

I have noticed that the IP address in the LMTool UI still has the IPv4 address not the IPv6 one as people tell me it should.

Has anyone encountered this before? If so what was the solution?

I have urgent need of a license on a machine that cannot communicate with IPv4. Please help .... Smiley Sad

Tim

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
david.lau
in reply to: murphy.tim

Open the task manager and kill the lmgrd and Adskflex, then try to restart the server. Please review the ipv6 installation instructions here:

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2011/09/general-licensing-do-i-need-ipv6-network-license-...

David Lau
Message 3 of 4
murphy.tim
in reply to: david.lau

Thanks for the quick response.

Sadly it didn't help. I tried the ipv4 to ipv6 change on another machine and the new IP adress showed up fine.

What else could you suggest?

Message 4 of 4
david.lau
in reply to: murphy.tim

If you are using lmtools to control another product, check out the following post:

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2011/09/general-licensing-using-the-32-or-64-bit-network-...

If you are still having a problem, can you send me personal email with your name/email?  There is an envelope icon beside your handle beside (Sign Out).

David Lau

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report