Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk Network License Manager 2012

39 REPLIES 39
SOLVED
Message 1 of 40
TravisNave
32471 Views, 39 Replies

Autodesk Network License Manager 2012

Well, it's that time again.  Time to update your Autodesk Network License Manager files to the latest and greatest (Autodesk) version. 

Autodesk is providing version 11.9 for 2012 products. 

You can get the Autodesk Network License Manager files here for both 32-bit and 64-bit versions:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=10976858&linkID=9240698

You can always get the latest version of the NLM from the following link:

http://www.globes.com/support/fnp_utilities_download.htm

At the time of this post, the latest version is 11.9.1.  I am attaching the necessary 32-bit adskflex vendor file in this message (v11.9.0.3) for your convenience

You can update your license file to 2012 versions once your Subscription has been fulfilled.  You can do this via http://register.autodesk.com or by calling 1-800-551-1490.

Good Luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Tags (1)
39 REPLIES 39
Message 21 of 40
Dennis_Jeffrey
in reply to: TravisNave

Thanks

I replicated my customers server on a Win7 -64 machine and I'm getting strange behavior. I'll try this weekend with an xp system that I've used in the past.

I'll post back with the results.

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Subscribe to the free digital "The Creative Inventor Magazine" now available at: http://teknigroup....

XP64 SP2, GeForce 9800GT-1GB, Driver: 6.14.12.7061, 8GB Ram, AMD Athlon II 3.2 Ghz
Laptop: Win7-64 Pro, 4GB, ATI Graphics on board, 2012 Ultimate, IV2011 or 2010 Pro, all SP's
Message 22 of 40
AlexFielder

@Dennis: I'd be interested to hear your experiences using NLM on Windows 7 x64 - I have it installed here and, despite my having closed down everything vault-related, I'm getting "Failed to acquire License" error messages that I can't explain.

Thanks in advance,

Alex.

Message 23 of 40
TravisNave
in reply to: AlexFielder

License issues with Windows 7 are likely caused by IPv6 issues.  Especially in Vault trying to connect to an NLM server located on itself. 

For more information about Network License Manager connectivity issues and IPv6, please see my discussion post here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Network-License-Error-1-5-15-and-IPv6/td-p/2982...

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 24 of 40
AlexFielder

Thanks Travis; I think on reflection the problem was of the PEBKAC variety - I had forgotten that I had logged in using the Outlook add-in. Smiley Sad

I will bookmark your thread though in case I have any *actual* issues.

🙂

Message 25 of 40
TravisNave
in reply to: AlexFielder

Sounds good.

On a sad note, the forum has recently lost a good friend, contributor, and expert in Dennis Jeffrey.  Condolences can be made at the following link:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Inventor/RIP-Dennis-Jeffrey/m-p/3084394#M407087

Smiley Sad

Autodesk Forums:
Message 26 of 40
gary.pascual

hi, we are about to upgrade our AUTOCAD full version to 2012. Where can i get the network license manager.

Tags (1)
Message 27 of 40
TravisNave

The NLM is available on my very first post in this thread. It's also available on your 2012 media.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 28 of 40
gary.pascual

in which folder name in the media kit can nlm be found?

Message 29 of 40
TravisNave
in reply to: gary.pascual

Likely in the support folder.  You can install it from running Setup and choosing it from the Autorun screen.  Alternately you can download it from the link provided on my first post on this thread topic. 

Autodesk Forums:
Message 30 of 40
gary.pascual

thanks a lot...

Message 31 of 40
dsundeen

Does this verion work with Server 2003 R2?

I noticed in the Readme that the  supported operating systems were server 2008 and server 2008 R2

Thanks for any help provided.

Message 32 of 40
DarrenP
in reply to: dsundeen

yes it does

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 33 of 40
TravisNave
in reply to: dsundeen

As Darren mentioned, it does.  The only issues I have come across on this are the typical IPv6 issues that plague all versions and the fact that the adskflex.exe version 11.9 seems to have connectivity issues that 11.7 does not.  Often times on Server 2008 R2, I will use the NLM version 11.10 but use adskflex.exe 11.7.  The master daemon is not problematic, it is the vendor daemon. 

You're welcomed to try the new License Administrator from Flexera as well if you'd like. 

Autodesk Forums:
Message 34 of 40
Delta1985

Downloaded and installed latest everything in hopes that it would fix my problem running Network License Manager on a new Windows 2011 SBS Essentials Server, but no luck. Does anyone know if NLM is compatible with 2011 Server?

Also, we have subscription support, but cannot submit a support request for some reason, link just spins @ salesforce.com. (frustrating)

Been down for 3 days with no help at all!

Tags (1)
Message 35 of 40
DarrenP
in reply to: Delta1985

its supported on windows server 2003 & 2008

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 36 of 40
TravisNave

See if you have better luck with the 2013 version that I posted yesterday in this forum.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 37 of 40
TravisNave

This post is being deprecated by me in favor of my recent update post found here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Autodesk-Network-License-Manager-2013/td-p/3387...

Autodesk Forums:
Message 38 of 40
meowruser

I'm having problems with the Autodesk NLM for AutoCAD Product Design Suite Standard 2012 (we run a little behind the curve).  This forum topic has given me a lot of useful clues, but I am still unclear on some points.

The objective is to install the NLM supplied by Autodesk on a virtual Windows 2008 64-bit server hosted on a physical machine running VMWare.  This VM is already managing another FlexNet license set for Rockwell Automation PLC programming software.  The Rockwell NLM appears to be a customized version of Flexera's lmadmin.  It is 32-bit, and is installed in the Program Files (x86) folder.  I do not want to disturb this while I get the Autodesk NLM to run - I have already shut down the PLC programmers once.

The Rockwell NLM sees the Autodesk license file, but will not manage it.  The PDSS install insists that we have to install the 64-bit version of the lmgrd/lmtools flavour of FlexNet.

Questions:

1.  Is there any reason why the Autodek and Rockwell NLM's cannot co-exist peacefully, provided they are installed in separate folders?

2.  Do all FlexNet installations have to work with ports in the 27000 to 27009 range?  I'm not really sure what these ports do, but I know that the Rockwell NLM defaults to 27000.

3.  Depending on the answer to question 2, do I need to force the AutoCAD PDSS license to use a port other than 27000 - say, 27001?  If that is the answer, will I need to explicitly direct the Rockwell licenses to use port 27000, or will they be unaffected?

4.  Your tagline has a link to FLEXnet License Administrator, which was very interesting, since we tried that along the way.  In the discussion attached to that post, you noted that Autodesk does not support lmadmin.  Am I correct in believing that I should avoid this otherwise handy tool, given the problems I have been having?

Thanks very much for the assistance already provided in the forum, and for any help you can provide with the above.

Message 39 of 40
TravisNave
in reply to: meowruser

First of all, this needed to be a new forum post instead of a reply to an old post that I requested be closed.

That being said...

You need to click my link about combining license files.  In that article, I explain how to combine license managers when another vendor like Rockwell uses FlexLM.  I have gotten all of them to play nice together.  That should give you all the information you need.

If you have additional issues, please create a new post.  Thanks!

Autodesk Forums:
Message 40 of 40
meowruser

Spoiler

My apologies for the breach of etiquette - I debated starting a new post, but thought I should tie it to the previous.  Anyway, thanks for the information.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report