Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk Network License Manager 2012

39 REPLIES 39
SOLVED
Message 1 of 40
TravisNave
32467 Views, 39 Replies

Autodesk Network License Manager 2012

Well, it's that time again.  Time to update your Autodesk Network License Manager files to the latest and greatest (Autodesk) version. 

Autodesk is providing version 11.9 for 2012 products. 

You can get the Autodesk Network License Manager files here for both 32-bit and 64-bit versions:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=10976858&linkID=9240698

You can always get the latest version of the NLM from the following link:

http://www.globes.com/support/fnp_utilities_download.htm

At the time of this post, the latest version is 11.9.1.  I am attaching the necessary 32-bit adskflex vendor file in this message (v11.9.0.3) for your convenience

You can update your license file to 2012 versions once your Subscription has been fulfilled.  You can do this via http://register.autodesk.com or by calling 1-800-551-1490.

Good Luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Tags (1)
39 REPLIES 39
Message 2 of 40
TravisNave
in reply to: TravisNave

For those of you using 64-bit systems, the appropriate adskflex vendor file is attached.  Smiley Happy

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 40
DarrenP

whats different between 11.9.0 & 11.9.1?

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 40
TravisNave
in reply to: DarrenP

I would suspect additional support for installation to virtual hosts and IPv6 compatibility. 

Autodesk Forums:
Message 5 of 40

Download of the files from http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=10976858&linkID=9240698 (as stated above) is blocked, as the gateway of one of our customers claim that these files are infected:

"Gateway Anti-Virus Alert
This request is blocked by the SonicWALL Gateway Anti-Virus Service. Name: (Cloud Id: 1000361) NewRest.BC (Trojan)"

Can you please verify! I guess it is a fake alert, but you never know....

Tags (1)
Message 6 of 40
DarrenP
in reply to: hans.martin.haga

works fine here

DarrenP
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 7 of 40

I also verified all files a moment ago with my Symantec Web Gateway and the files came back as safe and malware free.  You may want to check your definitions as you are getting false positives. 

Autodesk Forums:
Message 8 of 40
MPeterman1

Do you know where the 2012 License Manager files are located within the Autodesk download folders? I need to install remotely without the DVD in the server...would like to just copy the folder or executable. There is no longer a NLM folder.

Message 9 of 40
DarrenP
in reply to: MPeterman1

what product?

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 10 of 40
MPeterman1
in reply to: DarrenP

Does not matter for product as you can install the license manager for anything. I have 2 different 2012 products downloaded...Autocad and Civil 3D, it looks like the installation package is very different than 2011. No NLM of NLM.MSI that I can find, not sure if this was repackaged.

Message 11 of 40
TravisNave

Autodesk no longer provides all 4 executables on the media.  They combine them now into one self-installing .exe file.  I am not a big fan myself.  That's why I provided the link to the Flexera files individually above as well as attaching the appropriate adskflex.exe files to the post.  That's probably going to be your easiest method. 

Autodesk Forums:
Message 12 of 40
swalton

Is the 2012 LM required for running 2012 products? 

My reseller said no, so I did not install it, but I can't get my networked 2012 products to pull a licence from the server.

Autodesk tech support refused to answer the question and directed me back to my reseller.  Not helpful.

Steve Walton

EESignature

Inventor 2023
Vault Professional 2023
Message 13 of 40
DarrenP
in reply to: swalton

its recommeded to use the latest license manager which is 11.9 for 2012 products this has to be upgraded every year

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 14 of 40
MPeterman1

I actually prefer the one executable for ease of quickly installing.  I find the seperate files confusing and not sure of the proper order of execution! Thanks so much for providing that info if you have it as that will solve my problem partially.It is important to only use the vendor supplied license manager. Do you know the correct order?

Otherwise I now have to download a 32-bit app, decompress and install in order to extract the current License Manager executables at all to transfer to the server.

I wish the Autodesk 2012 License Manager was also provided seperately as a subscription download.

Message 15 of 40
TravisNave

The license manager is provided by Flexera and is the same for all 3rd party applications whether you are using Autodesk, Solidworks, VMWare, etc.  It is backwards compatible, so you should always run the latest version even if you have multiple vendors using the NLM.  Typically I recommend running one NLM consisting of the three NLM files, lmgrd.exe, lmutil.exe, and lmtools.exe.  You will also need the vendor file in the same location for all your vendor products like adskflex.exe, sgiawd.exe, etc. 

You should create a separate service in LMTOOLS for different vendors, for best results. 

In my original post, you can download the latest Autodesk vendor supplied NLM from their website.  Subscription not necessary.  My second link provides the NLM from the software developer, Flexer minus the vendor daemon... which I have provided as an attachment.

Upgrading simply involves stopping the NLM and overwriting the .exe files.  It's really that simple.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 16 of 40
areese9779

Hello,

I saw a question earlier in the thread asking how to install the license manager when you can't put a DVD in the server, but I didn't see an answer - or if it was there, I didn't understand it.  Is there a way to install the license manager on a non-local drive?  Our server doesn't have a DVD input...

Thanks!

Andy

Andy Reese
C3D 2016, SP3
Dell Precision M4800, Windows 10 64-bit
Message 17 of 40
DarrenP
in reply to: areese9779

its on the first page of this thread on where to download the license manager

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 18 of 40
MPeterman1
in reply to: areese9779

I posted the question looking for the Autodesk NLM.MSI. Discovered that search did not look in non-indexed folders in Windows 7 so got no hits for my file search! DOH. The uncompressed folders are not indexed initially. 

You can locate the NLM.msi in this example 64-bit folder:

C:\Autodesk\YourAdskProduct2012_64bit\x64\en-US\Tools\NLM\NLM.MSI

The links provided in the first thread post are to the flexlm developer site download and is a v11.9.1 and to obtain the IPv6 Network Manager from Autodesk.

Either way, there are more options this year and you need to make sure what you install is correct for your own network internet protocol IPv6 or IPv4. Here is the link for IPv4 to round out all the network manager sources in this Topic. http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=16273699&linkID=9273944

Message 19 of 40
Dennis_Jeffrey
in reply to: swalton

Actually, I've found that the License server for the 2011 products does not even see a 2012 license. Can someone verify that?

Travis, is the approach of copying the 2012 LM files into a 2011 FlexLM folder still valid?  I need to do a hot swap with 20 some systems running. After hours install is not an option for this customer.

I have a server at the office where I can alter the host info and test a customer license, however, so far I've been unsucessful with a 2012 license.

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Subscribe to the free digital "The Creative Inventor Magazine" now available at: http://teknigroup....

XP64 SP2, GeForce 9800GT-1GB, Driver: 6.14.12.7061, 8GB Ram, AMD Athlon II 3.2 Ghz
Laptop: Win7-64 Pro, 4GB, ATI Graphics on board, 2012 Ultimate, IV2011 or 2010 Pro, all SP's
Message 20 of 40
TravisNave

Copying the four .exe files in a quick overwrite still works. It's still the way I do it. Should only take a few moments and you can do it live. It shouldn't affect your current users but it might with borrowed licenses.

The old NLM will still run and see 2012 lic files, so any issues you are having is likely due to another issue.

If you need some help, just post again here.

Autodesk Forums:

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report